Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Cancel Pending Orders/ATMs

Hello,

I'm trading manually but using the ATM box in the Chart Trader to handle stop losses/take profits as I believe this is the way to add SL/TPs in NinjaTrader.

However I discovered every time I manually add an order a "Strategy" start running in the background.

One time a Limit order just seemed to pop out of nowhere on the Chart Window, and when clicked on the Control Center "Orders" tab I think it was, there was a Pending order. I right-clicked the pending order and there were "Cancel Order" and "Cancel All Orders" options,l but I clicked those again and again and they did nothing.

I stopped all strategies and still could not cancel that order. How can I possibly cancel an order if all the "Cancel order" options I can lay my hands on don't respond? And How can I stop any strategies from running? All I want to do is set a stop loss & take profit.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

In the Control Center order tab

-- Do you have active orders?
    -- If yes, right click and select "Cancel All Orders"
    -- Do they cancel?
    -- If not, can you post a screen shot of the Control Center Orders tab

Thanks
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, I'd already shutdown NinjaTrader and after restarting again the Orders window is now blank.

I had a red box with black "Pending" text, I right-clicked, selected "Cancel All Orders" and "Cancel Orders" multiple times and nothing worked.

Also it's probably a naive mistake on my part unrelated to NinjaTrader, but in addition to the broker commissions of around $4-$5 per roundtrip trade, I'm losing an additional 17% on every winning trade. This seems huge, and I've simply never seen this mentioned anywhere at all on any website or any communication from any broker. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help,
      Jeremy

Comment

OK, let us know the next time you see this behaviour. Regarding losing 17%, I am not sure what you mean.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post dappa
        by dappa

Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
        4 responses