Connection is inactive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection is inactive

I am using NinjaTrader connected with Kinetick real time and with Interactive brokers.
    I started to leave the connection on 24 hours for the ES mini and the EUR.USD forex pair. I notice that every day the data connection is lost at 6:30 AM (Brussels time). I still have the green "Connected" links in the control center for Kinetick and Interactive Brokers. But the log shows the following message: "Market data farm connection is inactive but should be available upon demand usfarm 2108".
    Since I trade in full auto mode this is a very bad situation.
    Can you please help.
    Thank you,
    Sylvestro

Hello Sylvestro,

Unfortunately IB cause a daily disconnect due to resetting their servers.

You could use IB Gateway. It is not officially supported with NinjaTrader 7, however some of our clients have successfully connected NinjaTrader with IB Gateway. You can refer to this YouTube video to know more.
    This video show how to connect NinjaTrader with Interactive Brokers Gateway, something which is not supposed to be possible.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB is not a problem because I adapt the reset time every day. Proof is that the connection with IB keeps working fine!

So, that is not the problem...

Comment

I am not telling that NinjaTrader and Kinetick do not work. I informed that the disconnection you experienced with IB is due to their server maintenance period. There is nothing we can do about this.

There is a workaround by connecting to IB Gateway. Please see the forum thread below for more information.

Comment

Please read my message again...

I know this problem with IB. The work around is to adapt the closing time before it happens. And that works fine, because the IB connection remains alive (there is even an IBControllerStart.bat application that makes this adaption automatically).
          I assume that the "Market data farm...'" message is from Kinetic not IB? Or where is this logged message coming from?

I can of course run it the following night without the IB connection and see if the data is still interrupted or not.

Maybe I should mention that it works fine with eSignal...
          Last edited by Sylvestro; 10-04-2012, 02:56 AM.

Comment

The error message likely does not come from Kinetick. Can you please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Connection is inactive' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes