Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart candles

Hi...morning...

I am looking at my charts this morning and there are only 25 bars on a 5 min chart and the other time frame like the 15, 1hr, daily, etc look zoomed in and the candles are huge. How do I change everything back to the way it was (I guess you would say auto zoomed to where the scaling is proper)?

Also, how do you select a 5 min chart and show the last 2 days only or a 5 min chart and the last 7 days, etc etc etc?

Thanks a lot...

Hello birdog,
    To assist you further can you post a screenshot demonstrating the scenario.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok...see attached...

The bars are way bigger than they use to be on this and other time frames (thereby not being able to see very far back in time). I need the bars smaller so I can see more of them. I would like to set it to auto-zoom where there is a perfect balance of bars back and scaling for the particular window I have up if I resize it later or maximize the window.

This screen show is of a window I have up (sample) that is half of one of my screens. Sample 2 is when I maximize the window.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello birdog,
        Thanks for the screenshot.

Please resize the bar width accordingly to resolve the scenario.

Please refer to the section "How to change the bar spacing and width" from our help guide to know more about it.

Also, to increase the number of bars on the chart, please set the "Days to load" parameter accordingly.
        • Right click on the chart
        • In the context menu click on Data Series.
        • In the Data Series dialog set the field "Days to load" to an appropriate value.

Please refer to the attached screenshot which further demonstrates it.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        Attached Files

Comment

1 Other Issue...

Thanks for that...I will take a look...

One other issue...please see the attached 2 screens shots. The 2 and 3 panel prices are not advancing as they should as time goes on. The just stick it seems. In order for me to get the current bars I always have to right click the chart and left click Reload Historical Data. Obviously that is a issue. How do I fix that?

Attached Files

Comment

Hello birdog,
            Please send your log and trace files to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
            • You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

• You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

ok...Joy, I just emailed it to you....let me know...smile...thanks a lot! Greg

Comment

Hello Greg,
                This is to confirm that I have received the log and trace files and have replied to it.

Comment

Ok...I got that...but, how do I RESET back to the default setting to snap it back to the original way it came up?

Comment

Hello Greg,
                    To assist you further may I know are you trying to reset the bar width or is it something else.

Comment

Hi,

Im having the same issue with wanting to see more bars on one chart. I am only ably to see half a days worth of candles on a 15min chart (Around 50 bars) and this was when the char is as zoomed out as possible. I tried oading mored ays of data to no effect. Please advise.

I also have another litte issue but not sure if this thread would be the best place to post it. Let me know.

Comment

Please right mouse click within your chart-->Data Series-->Load data based on-->Set to Days-->Days to load-->Set to 15 and click Ok.

If the issue persists please tell me what data provider you are connecting to and what instrument you have selected.
                        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
                          Hello Greg,
                          To assist you further may I know are you trying to reset the bar width or is it something else.

When I first start a fresh chart (whatever the default was for width, size, and zoom level was I would consider default for that chart). After I mess with the width, zoom, size etc and I then desire to snap everything back to what that chart default setting were when I open it fresh from scratch...that is what I mean be snapping the chart back to the original default. I guess you have a want to quickly do that so if I adjust something I don't want then I can snap it back...you know what I mean?

Comment

Currently there is not an option to automatically bring the chart back to the Default settings without opening a new window.

I will however forward this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
                            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by birdog View Post
                              When I first start a fresh chart (whatever the default was for width, size, and zoom level was I would consider default for that chart). After I mess with the width, zoom, size etc and I then desire to snap everything back to what that chart default setting were when I open it fresh from scratch...that is what I mean be snapping the chart back to the original default. I guess you have a want to quickly do that so if I adjust something I don't want then I can snap it back...you know what I mean?
                              Reload the Default (or relevant) template. If you do not have one, create one by using Chart popup menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes