Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how do i get vertical scrolling to cover a wide range ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i get vertical scrolling to cover a wide range ?

i have used the 'properties' in the vertical scrolling part of the chart, where the price is located, to attempt to adjust the vertical range of the chart scrolling activity.

however, when i set it to automatic, it doesn't allow scrolling, beyond a very limited range and when i set it to fixed and preset the range to be what range i want, once i attempt to scroll, it prevents me from scrolling beyond a very limited range......what am i missing?

or are there other properties that i need to change?

thanks in advance for your assistance...

bruce

Hello Bruce,
    Fixed or Automatic scale wont matter while scrolling the y axis of the chart.

Please refer to the section "How to change the vertical scale and range of a chart" from our help guide to know more about it.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Joydeep M......i have done what the instructions say.

but after setting it to fixed and setting the min and max amounts, when i attempt to scroll as described in the help guide, the scale reverts to its previous settings.

this chart has several data series, each a different time frame, so i thought the total range of the chart became out of it's vertical scrolling range and then set it to fixed and expanded the vertical range by changing the min and max numbers. but when i attempt to scroll, the chart reverts back to its previous range settings and it won't allow me to scroll except for a very narrow range.

Comment

Hello Bruce,
        To assist you further can you please upload a screenshot of the chart depicting the scenario.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

attached are 2 images, one showing the scroll settings the other the indicators
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for those images.

Please describe how you are attempting to scroll.
            Are you left clicking and dragging on the Y-Axis (Price)?
            Are you holding down the CTRL button and then left clicking and dragging on the Y-Axis (Price)?
            Or are you using the Scroll Wheel?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

when i use the control key and click and drag all if fine, the price moves as it should in the chart window. when i click and attempt to move the cursor within the price panel, the image attached is what happens. the min/max revert to some default within ninja. and it won't scroll except for just a small amount. if i release the mouse and attempt to drag it again further, it won't allow it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your response.

I have created a video demonstrating these items, you may view this video at the following link: http://screencast.com/t/4RJ4Gso8ieb

Please let me know if you have additional questions or comments.

Comment

thanks Patrick, your video was helpful but didn't resolve the issue i'm having. here is a video that better shows the issues i'm experiencing.......

i hope that after viewing it, you may think of some additional ideas for me to try. thanks. bruce

Comment

Originally posted by br8080 View Post
                    thanks Patrick, your video was helpful but didn't resolve the issue i'm having. here is a video that better shows the issues i'm experiencing.......

i hope that after viewing it, you may think of some additional ideas for me to try. thanks. bruce

Do you have the same issue on a chart without 10 different time frames applied to it?

I'm not sure if you blocked out your indicator names, but seeing 6E 12-12 with 10 different time frames after is odd.

What you did works on my 6e chart with an SMA/EMA/daily pivot, and some lines on it (but nothing as extreme as your lines).

I'm going to guess that your 2 orange indicator lines at <1.05 and >1.45 are part of the problem. Can you remove those and try again?

Comment

thanks Patrick......
                      i currently have several horizontal lines i manually applied to the chart, but without those, it does exactly the same thing regarding the scrolling issue.

i have an indicator on each of the data series timeframes that are in the chart.......i think there are either 8 or 10 different timeframes, each with the same indicator.

i have a tf chart and other instruments set up the same, with the multiple time frames, without this issue. it seems to only be on the 6E chart.

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your response.

Please send an e-mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=52983

Please attach your workspace to this e-mail so I may investigate this matter on my end.
                        • To save a copy of your workspace, please go to File--> Workspace--> Save "Workspace As..." and Save this workspace with the name "Support".
                        • You will find your workspace under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\Support.xml

Please attach this workspace XML document to the email and I can look into this further.

Comment

thanks for your assistance Patrick. today i decided to change some of the time frames within the chart, after that, the chart vertical scrolling functions as do all of my other charts.....odd, but i'm thankful....so i guess it's resolved for now!

bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce,

I am glad you were able to resolve this matter.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Board game geek  
                            Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby