10 SMA-shift 2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 SMA-shift 2 ?

Hi .I just switched my trading from MT4 to NT7. But I have a problem to set up some indicators . At MT4 I always use -- 10 SMA-shift 2 high and 10 SMA shift 2 low. How can I set up same with NT7
    Thanks
    Vit

Hello Vit,

I believe you are refering to plotting the indicator(s) values back/forward a certain number of bars. For this you can use the Displacement option inside of the Indicator's Parameters panel. See the following link to our Help Guide under "How to edit an indicator's parameters" for reference.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

If not, I am not familiar with the MT4 software, could you clarify what 10 SMA shift 2 low or 10 SMA shift 2 high would do?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello Vit,

I believe you are refering to plotting the indicator(s) values back/forward a certain number of bars. For this you can use the Displacement option inside of the Indicator's Parameters panel. See the following link to our Help Guide under "How to edit an indicator's parameters" for reference.

If not, I am not familiar with the MT4 software, could you clarify what 10 SMA shift 2 low or 10 SMA shift 2 high would do?

Happy to be of further assistance.
      Sorry but its not Displacement . Looks like MT 7 doesnt have those options

Comment

Originally posted by vit007 View Post
        Sorry but its not Displacement . Looks like MT 7 doesnt have those options
        What does shift do??

Comment

Displacement or shifting a SMA

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          What does shift do??

Here is a definition of displacement or shifting:

DEFINITION of 'Displaced Moving Average'
          A moving average that has been adjusted forward or back in time in order to forecast trends. Displaced moving averages are constructed by taking the moving average and shifting it by a number of intervals, either positive or negative. If the number is negative, the displaced moving average will lag the original moving average, and if the number is positive the displaced moving average will lead the original moving average.
          Read more: Displaced Moving Average Definition | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/...#ixzz3x3hIFlT9

I know this is a very old thread but I think it is appropriate to ask my question here.

I see NT defines displacement as: Displacement - Displaces the plot back by this value (value of 2 would plot the current indicator value two bars ago)

My question is - doe the values in the SMA series change for a specific bar when the displacement option is used - or is it just the plot/graph that is moved. I need something that actually adjusts the values.

Comment

Hello verge,
            Thanks for your post.
            It will keep the same values of your indicator and just move the plot backwards or forwards on your chart.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes