Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy not applying

HI guys,

Im very new to trading and using ninja trader so get rdy for a noob question

I made like a demo strategy, which i want to backtest using the Strategy Analyzer for a BRN chart.

When i press Run Backtest, it doesnt give me any results. The summary tab is all blank and the chart tab doesnt have the strategy on it.

I am using the free vresion of ninja trader 7, until i learn more and am conected to kinetick (end of day).

P.s. i tried changing the Data Series, Type, from minute to day, because i know thats how i can see data on kintetick end of day connection, but still nothing.

Any ideas i can try?

Welcome to our forums - if you open a standalone daily chart with Kinetick of your instrument - would the data display as you would expect?

If you then backtest for example the 'SampleMACrossOver' strategy we ship with NT, would it show trade entries in backtesting for you?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, if i open a standalone daily chart, it shows me daily data of the past year.

No, i tried using a sample strategy from NT, but still nothing. No summary, no chart, nothing.

Comment

Ok, so if you right click on your daily BRN chart and ass the SampleMACrossOver in (and enable it in the strategy parameters) would it still show only chart data and not executions?

Comment

ok, the SampleMACrossOver works (in the chart window, and in backtest also). But my demo strategy doesnt show any execution. any ideas?

Comment

Thanks, then this would mean your coded in rules / conditions do not trigger as you would expect - try to simplify the script and add in Print statements to understand exactly what evaluates in your code and how - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3418

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses