Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting automated trade lined up with indicator

Hello,

I have a question about how to get the strategy builder to place on order exactly when an indicator crosses a given boundary instead of placing the order on the open of the next bar. I tried un-checking the box that say "calculate on bar close" but it didn't seem to do much...what does that box actually do?

I attached a pic, the black arrows are where I want the trade to start.

Cheers
    Attached Files

Hello nklar1,
    On historical bars/backtest the orders will be placed at the end of the bar only. If you wish to place intrabar orders then please modify your code and add an higher granularity bar and place the orders in that bar.

Please refer to this sample code which further demonstrates it
    You can submit orders to different Bars objects. This allows you the flexibility of submitting orders to different timeframes. Like in live trading, taking entry conditions from a 5min chart means executing your order as soon as possible instead of waiting until the next 5min bar starts building. You can achieve this by
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks, I am guessing then if I am using kinetics free end of day data I wont be able to use this method since the smallest time frame is the day. correct?

If I am just interested in getting a data feed, no brokerage to actually make trades, do you have a suggestion for a data provider that will give me real time and historical data? looking for whatever is the least expensive since I am just learning. Also is historical second data a thing? should my data feed include this too?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello nklar1,
        Unfortunately the Kinetick End of day connection does not provides intraday data and the highest granularity available is daily bars.

For unfiltered tick data you can subscribe to Kinetick, which is also the preferred data feed for NinjaTrader.

Yes, you will get 120 days of historical tick data and 200 days of historical minute data with Kinetick.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238
        by Max238

Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
        3 responses