Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG vs Ninjatrader data

Hello Ninjatrader support.

Tell me please in Ninjatrader when I do "Reload All Historical Data" the reloaded data comes from you? Or from my datafeed which is CQG? I noticed that the real-time data from CQG differs from that which is after I click on "Reload All Historical Data".

Hello Aleksander#2,
    CQG does not provides historical data and thus the data is pulled from our server.

Please refer to the section "Understanding why a chart can look different after reloading historical data from the server" from our help guide to know why the charts may differ after reloading historical data.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Joydeep (or any other Ninja support person),

I"m considering going with AMP/CQG. I understand that Ninja provides, on a best effort basis, some amount of historical backfill data. In general, can you tell me what exchanges/markets your servers provide historical data for and how much (daily, minute, tick).

Thanks!

Comment

Hello coolmoss,
        Thanks for your note.

Unfortunately I do not have a comprehensive list of the supported instruments. We provide historical data for popular instrument only. While tick data is deleted after a year, minute and daily data are virtually never deleted and you will be able to get more than a years minute and daily data.

I would suggest signing up for a demo and see if it meets your requirements.

Comment

Hi, I'm a little bit confused and just wanted to ask a question related to this thread. Mentioned above is that CQG doesn't provide historical data, however the Historical & Real Time Data chart located in the 'how bars are built' section indicates CQG does provide historical data. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._are_built.htm and this thread indicates CQG is providing historical data

Is the 'no historical data provided' reference for the AMP/CQG data feed and the paid CQG feed is what is shown in the chart, providing data? Thanks
          Last edited by florida99; 11-08-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Hello florida99,
            To clarify, CQG itself does not provides historical data. We save the live ticks from CQG in our server, and use it for backfill purpose.

Since you can get historical data in a CQG connection (which is pulled from our server), we say CQG connection supports historical data, in general.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying Joydeep

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM