Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

If you have Strategies running and change the code...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have Strategies running and change the code...

Hi:

If Strategies are currently running and the code is changed, does one have to stop the Strategies and restart for the new changes to take effect?

Also, if you do have to stop and restart for that, you don't have to reedit the Strategy itself in the Strategies tab do as well do you?

I think just stopping and restarting simply is going to be the answer but just double checking...

You just need to disable and re-enable the strategy after you compile the code.

Comment

As radical has said, works fine in market replay. At some point, it might not work for some reason and dissappears which might be related to my next thought:

But I imagine if you start changing parameters by adding or removing them , you might need to remove it and add it back. I haven't tested this yet, I don't use parameters.

Originally posted by birdog View Post
      Hi:

If Strategies are currently running and the code is changed, does one have to stop the Strategies and restart for the new changes to take effect?

Also, if you do have to stop and restart for that, you don't have to reedit the Strategy itself in the Strategies tab do as well do you?

I think just stopping and restarting simply is going to be the answer but just double checking...

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        But I imagine if you start changing parameters by adding or removing them , you might need to remove it and add it back. I haven't tested this yet, I don't use parameters.
        That's a good point, I've actually noticed that as well, where in some situations, you need to remove and re-add the strategy for the changes to take affect. It's kind of odd, because the last time this happened, the changes I'd made were in OnBarUpdate. I might expect to need to remove and re-add the strategy if I had made changes in Initialize, but I couldn't figure out why my changes in OnBarUpdate required me to remove the strategy completely in order for the changes to take effect....so it's still a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          As radical has said, works fine in market replay. At some point, it might not work for some reason and dissappears which might be related to my next thought:

Sledge...good point...thanks for that...I will keep it in mind...

I am thinking if I do not change parameters I should be able to just turn it off, compile, and turn it back on again...

If I do adjust parameters sometime then I will test it and report back here on how it behaves (live account and/or dem).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielSanMartin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888