Question on targets in future...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on targets in future...

Question....when placing vertical target markers (or the right end of some target lines) in the future to the right of last bar, they seem to ratchet to different spots on the chart (as you move the line back and forth) and you often cannot place where desired ...while if in the chart OHL lines the vertical marker lines will move smoothly OK to specific points (if no time gap in chart)....is this something that will perhaps be corrected in the future...??

Thanks....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM. Reason: needed a fix

Hello Alfred,

I cannot reproduce the issue so far on my end. When I draw a Line vertically in the future, it does not move around to other spots in the chart. I checked the values under the Data-tab of the Properties menu of the Line and they remain the same after a restart.

Are you able to reproduce this in all charts?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason...

Here is a video on the way this is working for me....
      Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Seems to work this way on all of the charts in the one workspace that is open now...

Let me know what you think...

Thanks....

Comment

Thank you for the video. However I do not experience this behavior on my end. When dragging the line, it does not use less increments further away in the future.

What NinjaTrader version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Can you please try the following. Shut down NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces and delete the _Workspaces.xml file. This will not delete your workspaces.

Start NinjaTrader and create a brand new chart without any templates or indicators loaded. Check if the issue persists.

If so, are you able to located the line where you want by manually modifying the values under the Data-tab of the Properties menu?

Comment

Hi...will redo this evening and see what happens...
          have version 10 running now...will switch to 11....

Thanks...

Comment

Jason...

Running NT 11 now...2 new charts in a new workspace in the video below...(no templates used when charts were created)...

Vertical line seems to be running smoothly now into the future near as can tell...but find that graphic objects hit a vertical wall not far from the right of the last bar....take a look at the video....this is new behavior...any suggestions on this...??....believe graphic objects could extend indefinitely to right before I believe....

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks...

Edit....opening old workspace...vertical line & objects can extend indefinitly to right OK there...seem to run smoothly into future too...creating a new workspace and new chart...graphic objects hit a wall not far to right of last bar ...suggestions...??
            Last edited by Alfred; 10-16-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hello Afred,

I am not sure why you cannot modify it further to the right. I do not experience this behavior either. I can modify it to the right as far as I like.

So it works in older workspaces, but not in newly created workspaces. Are you able to reproduce this consistently?

Could you please send me the newly created workspace. You can find workspaces at the following location:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Please attach the file in your email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Question on targets in future...' in the subject header.

Comment

Jason...sent you the workspace....have since noticed if I change the Session template from Use instrument settings to a custom tempate using Globex hours...then can move objects into future OK in that workspace...

Thanks for your time on this....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                9 responses