X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Column "CONNECTION"

Hello,

I have the following NT7 configuration:

IB = trading (still not live but connected and configured)
    TD Ameritrade = for historic data

When I click on the TAB "Strategies" I see a column connection saying "TD AMERITRADE". Does the column indicate the data feed or the trading connection?

Also (not sure how many of you use TD) the fills with TD are kind of weird...

Thanks for the help.
    Tex

Hello TexFly,

You will receive real-time data from the first connected data feed in NinjaTrader on most occassions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

IB supports all 4 instrument types, so real-time data is received from IB.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. I now have IB first and TD second. Why do I get "there is no market data available to drive the simulation engine: affected order: Sell 46 Stop @10.4". I get a few of those. What's does it mean? The column "connection" says IB. Also, I have six orders that I cannot cancel.State=initialized. But I cannot remove them...

Tex

Comment

Hello Tex,

The orders remain in an 'Initializing' state because you do not receive real-time data for the instruments in question. You can only submit orders if you receive real-time data for the instrument you try to trade. Since you are connected to IB first, you likely do not receive real-time data from IB for these instruments.

You can remove the orders by resetting the sim101 account. You can reset the sim101 account as follows. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Simulator-tab. Enter the values you like on the left side and click the Reset button on the right side. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

Jason,

Should I have IB or TD first? My plan is to have IB to trade and TD for the historic data to bypass the IB historic limitations...

Thanks.
          Tex

Comment

You will need to connect first to a data feed that supports real-time data for the instruments in question. It seems you do not receive such data from IB, so I would suggest to connect to TD Ameritrade first.

Comment

Not sure what's going on now. I have reset my accounts Sim101 and connected to TD first and IB second. However I have sim orders in (with STP and LMT), position quantity in the strategy tab besides the instruments involved but NO ITEMS in my POSITION tab. How is this possible?

Thanks.
              Tex

Comment

It indicates you are in a strategy position, but not in an account position. Please see the link below for information regardinhg strategy position vs. account position

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes