Trailing Stop Entry off recent hi or low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing Stop Entry off recent hi or low

HI There, I would like to find out if I can enter the market using a trailing stop loss entry from a recent high or low.

For example, when I see my setup criteria taking place I want to enter from the lowest price in a bar +5 or 10 ticks, and then have my ATM strategy kick in once i've entered the position.

I would need to be able to turn it on or off depending on if my setup criteria could be met.

My thinking is that once I see my setup criteria, if I automate the entry, followed by automating the exits I could increase my efficiency overall.

I dont know enough about programming to program my setup criteria so I'll take my setups discretionary until i learn more.

Maybe the code would sound like this: Enter Long at + 10 ticks from the current bar low, activate "x" atm strategy upon entry.

It's definitely possible...maybe even in the Strategy Wizard (no coding required), I'm not sure about that though.

Comment

Mabenn, this would be possible to create using our NinjaScript programming language in NinjaTrader, however it would need to be done via custom programming (not from the point and click wizard interface) to be able to call and create your ATM strategies for exit management.

As a general example of how this would be working code wise, you can check into the per default installed 'SampleAtmStrategy' - it would place a limit order for entry upon activation and then call the 'AtmStrategyTemplate' setup on ChartTrader or our SuperDOM for management.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes