Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove chart types

Greetings-

I use a custom charting program which is able to organize data a little differently than the stock ninja chart types (ohlc, candles, etc). However, when I load my custom charts, I don't see a way to disable the stock charts so a trail shows up and overlays on the chart which causes my custom charts to crash.

Is there a way to "disable" these chart types and allow my custom charts to read the data without interference?

Thanks in advance.

Hello hilojack,

There is not supported way to disable preloaded chart types inside of NinjaTrader. With that said, having the preloaded chart types display inside the drop down menu should not effect other chart types.

If this custom chart type you downloaded from a 3rd Party you may want to contact them for any special instructions to get it working. Otherwise, if this is something that you created you can view the following file under (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Type and open up "@ChartStyles.cs" for more about chart styles.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No this was something I had built... so there is no support. this was moved over from ninja 6.5, and it causes my chart type to fail. so it comes up for a few minutes, then vanishes and it becomes whatever default chart type was selected.

this was built as an indicator, not a chart type so perhaps that is the problem?

Comment

Hello hilojack,

There are a few changes to NinjaScript from 6.5 to 7 that may be causing some issues that you may run into exceptions on that are resulting in this behavior. You may view the code breaking changes for NinjaTrader 7 at the following link.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...er_11_2010.pdf

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post RookieTrader  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        1 response
        0 likes