Collapse

Gann Fan , Points Per Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to work OK afterall with box bars included...

Bertrand...

Got this to work OK afterall with 225 second box bars on a 5 second chart...was careful to apply the Gann fan to the 5 second chart at setup of tool...

Screen shot below...

Thanks...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Playing a bit more with this...appears that a Gann fan 1 X 1 line calculated per ruler Y value / bars...will plot OK on a 5 second chart but not always on a chart including box bars...

Screen shots below....

Edit...and playing a bit more...added a 225 second second series to a new chart and fan is plotting OK....the earlier chart where appears incorrect could be on a corrupted chart...

Additional screen shot below...
      thanks....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alfred; 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: added another screen shot

Comment

Thanks for the detailed look into Alfred (as always) - I've added your thoughts for further refined of this feature in id 2141 into our tracking lists. Have a great weekend.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fan Graphics...

Bertrand...

As an optional way to set up a fan graphically...when one draws an initial line...this would be the 1 X 1 line and the complete fan would also show as this line is drawn...there would be anchor points on each end of the initial 1 X 1 set up line that could be moved separately to adjust the fan. The set up of the 1 X 1 line would be done similar to the way the Ray draw tool works, with its 2 anchor points. One could also grab the 1 X 1 line and move the whole fan. The initial set up line and Fan lines could be optionally cut off at the price level at the end of the set up line anchor point. Or these lines could also be extended to a price level equal to 2, 3 or 4 times the initial set up length. (perhaps other extension options may be desirable here) These cut off points would be optional methods of the initial set up which one could save as separate defaults...and you still could have the set up methods as they are now....additionally, options to initially set (or adjust) the start and end points of the 1 X 1 set up line line to specific price and time points would be desirable.

My feeling is drawing the fan by hand could be quite useful...one could quickly set up a fan graphically....rather than measuring with the ruler & doing a calculation for 1 X 1 slope & inserting a number in fan properties.

I would also make the slope of all fan lines user programmable...rather than the current 1 X 2 & 1 X 3 lines etc...one could put in any proportion one wished per line....some could be like fibo proportions perhaps...some Gann lines are actually pretty close to the harmonics of fibo ratio lines anyway when setting up in 8ths increments...maybe add a few more set up lines options too...perhaps 13 to 17 or so lines (the current total of 9 lines is a bit skimpy)...have often thought Gann possibly used 8ths as it was pre computer then and easier to do than fibonacci calcs at that time. Maybe name this revision just the Fan tool, rather than a Gann Fan...??

Looking a bit more at options of cutting off the length of fan lines...one does not always need the fan lines running on forever....providing cut off options as noted above would eliminate a lot of possible chart clutter when one may have several or more fans on the chart

Thanks much...& look forward to development of this area someday......
          Last edited by Alfred; 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM. Reason: revised stuff a bit more...

Comment

Hi Alfred, sincerely appreciate your feedback on how we can further enhance our set of tools in this area offered, have added those thoughts as well into your tracking id.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Configue points per bar value in gann indicator

Could someone help me to understand which is the right way to configure the points per bar parameter in gann indicator?
              My idea is i have to use measure grid of my current display like i did in the attached file.
              is it the right way to do?, Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doginvest View Post
                Could someone help me to understand which is the right way to configure the points per bar parameter in gann indicator?
                My idea is i have to use measure grid of my current display like i did in the attached file.
                is it the right way to do?, Thanks
                You need to determine the price and time box that you want to look at...the diagonal of that box will be the 1X1 line on the Gann fan for that box (see several posts below on how to calc that line)...

Perhaps look at Gann Made Easy by William Mclaren for some ideas on squaring price & time....for setting up your initial box. Do a search on squaring price & time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005
                by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                2 responses