Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charting with eSignal data problem (Not able to chart with bid price)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting with eSignal data problem (Not able to chart with bid price)

I am using NT7.
    I normally draw a chart with bid price. CQG data can do it fine. But once I switch to eSignal, it cannot chart me a bid price based chart. It only works for last price. However, in the eSignal Data Manager, File > Symbol Monitor, I can find the ask and bid data.
    So, I would like to know this is the problem of eSignal of else?

Hello abcdabc,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

What interval are you viewing on the chart? Day or Minute?
    I am able to get the Bid data with a Tick chart on ESignal, please try this as well with a Tick chart and advise if it works on your end.

Comment

I am using minute. I tried tick as well, but the result was NT7 kept loading data without anything could be seen for more than 10 minutes waiting.

Comment

Hello abcdabc,

Thank you for your response.

The Bid and Ask is not supplied for the Minute Data with ESignal for building bars. However, Tick data with Esignal is supported for Bid and Ask to build bars.
        Please try reducing the amount of days to load for your tick chart (right click in your chart > Data Series > DaysToLoad) and advise if you are able to load the data after reducing the DaysToLoad parameter.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I followed your instruction and get the tick chart. The charts are look like what I posted and only the Last price chart look normal.
          Can i integrate the tick chart to be a minute chart if I get the tick chart properly?

Comment

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

Hello abcdabc,

You cannot use tick data for minute charts. For information on the underlying data types for each interval please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._are_built.htm

The Bid and Ask data will chart differently then the last price, please try using another Tick value for your bid and ask charts rather than 50 Tick.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you for your assist again.

For the tick chart, no matter what tick amount I change I get the similar chart.

So, Esignal cannot provide the bid value for minute chart I think I need to change the data provider. Do you know any data feed provider has Hang Seng Index Future data as well and able to let me draw the bid price chart with NT?

Or any possible solution I can do to have a minute chart based on bid price for Hang Seng Index Future?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello abcdabc,

Our eSignal connection is not enabled for the HSI, please send me your configuration to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
                  Please put 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line.
                  Reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=53326

You will find your configuration file in the following directory: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Please attach the configuration file to your e-mail so I may investigate this matter further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kulwinder73