Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Crashing

Greetings all,

I have a quick question regarding my system totally locking up.

I am using NT 7.0 64 bit with a feed from Rithmic. I am encountering a situation where my system will totally lock up (I can't move the mouse or even select control-alt-delete.) In the past this has happened about once every 3 months and it has happened every day this week and 3 times today. I do not run any other applications (not even a security program) and NT + the windows Seven OS normally require only about 20% of my memory and 20-25% of the processor.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there was an easy fix?

I was also wondering if it could possibly be the video card? The fan is starting to make some noise, but I have blown it out with compressed air. If it matters I run dual 24 inch monitors with an EVGA GeForce 210 card with 1024 MB of DDR3.

By the way I am an not tech savy, but I know if I ask the video card question I would need to give some details.

My internet connection is via Verizon FIOS and the router has been tested and everything is working as it should. The download speed is 25 MBPS and the upload is 5 MBPS.

Thanks in advance for any information that anyone can share.

Bart

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris J" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

E-mail sent as requested. Thanks, Chris!

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for the prompt response and suggestions on resolving the issue. I've taken the steps you suggested and I will assume it will resolve the issue as there was a LOT of data/files to delete.

It's good to know your group can quickly turn around solutions for critical issues.

Thanks again!

Bart

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ, and dallasstarsfan,
          Many times have come across a thread where NT responds and says "send email etc" afterwards user thanks them for the help and solving the issue they were having. Then the thread is left at that like almost as if secret as to how the issue was resolved.Could one of you post the remedy/solution for the problem you were experiencing.
          This way if someone is experiencing the same issue and comes across this thread they will have something to try and fix.
          Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Newbie 0101,

I have just had NT for about 6-8 months. I did receive a prompt response from the support group. I know next to nothing about technology so I would advise communicating with the support team at NT as there are probably many things with the program or on the users end that could cause NT to crash; however, the information I received is below. I am posting it only because I asked if one should perform these steps as preventative maintenance from time to time and I was told it would be acceptable. I will have to wait until next week to know if this truly resolved my issue, but I was please to have prompt assistance.

Hello Bart,
            When reviewing your trace file I do not see any error messages present.
            Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
            • Close NinjaTrader
            • Documents
            • NinjaTrader 7
            • Open the db folder
            • Open the Cache folder and delete all files within this folder
            • Go back to the db folder
            • Open the Tick folder and delete all files within this folder
            • Repeat this procedure for the Day as well as Minute folders
            • Restart NinjaTrader
            Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

I had a bad spot on my Harddrive.

I kept getting random machine freezes.

I managed to copy off my important files, but I couldn't do anything in 1 folder with like 3 files.

I couldn't duplicate the drive because of this, and just had to start fresh with a new SSD in my laptop

Originally posted by dallasstarsfan View Post
              Greetings all,

I have a quick question regarding my system totally locking up.

I am using NT 7.0 64 bit with a feed from Rithmic. I am encountering a situation where my system will totally lock up (I can't move the mouse or even select control-alt-delete.) In the past this has happened about once every 3 months and it has happened every day this week and 3 times today. I do not run any other applications (not even a security program) and NT + the windows Seven OS normally require only about 20% of my memory and 20-25% of the processor.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there was an easy fix?

Bart

Comment

Thanks Sledge!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi