Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Minute Bars

Hello,

Not a huge issue, but a little annoying and weird.

On my 1 minute bars (2 days time frame), as they are building, they will disappear and appear prior to finishing. Sometimes they will disappear permanently as in my included attachments.

Thanks.

Joseph
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Karado58 View Post
    Hello,

Not a huge issue, but a little annoying and weird.

On my 1 minute bars (2 days time frame), as they are building, they will disappear and appear prior to finishing. Sometimes they will disappear permanently as in my included attachments.

Thanks.

Joseph
    I had to look at your previous posts. You are using TDA. Please mention this next time.

Anyways, I managed to figure out what day your chart was and the times.

I matched this up with TDA's strategy desk. I can only account for 1 of your missing bars. The one at 1:00pm has no volume.

The one at 2:29 is definitely missing in NT on 12,000+volume.

Can you put a volume indicator on your chart, to see if NT put it in the next or previous bars by chance?

Will the missing bars fill in if you create a new chart, or do you get those BACKFILL errors?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi sledge,

Sorry, I should of specified my data source....it's not TDA, it's Interactive Brokers.

Below is a 1 minute chart from both. As you can see, the volume bar is there for each of the disappearing minute bars.

Disappearing after the fact is not too big a deal, BUT it is as the bar is forming. While the bar is being created, it just vanishes, and unless I look at the price, I have no idea at what level it is!

Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Karado58; 10-20-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Help...............missing minute bars!!!

This is my SECOND request for help...I paid for a LIFETIME license, and the least you can do is actually make a slight effort to help me!!!

I am using Interactive Brokers as my data provider.

I have included screen shots from a i minute bar for BAC morning session.

I get past missing 1 minute bars, and I also experience the bars disappearing as they are forming!!
        Attached Files

Comment

karado,

Generally if two people are discussing items in the forum we may leave them alone to do so. If you need direct, immediate assistance please email support at ninjatrader dot com, as our forum is more of a place for community discussions and our email address is for direct support.

We can answer requests within 15 minutes of regular business hours, however it may be longer nights/weekends at our email address I provided.

It looks like these missing candles may be break-even candles? Did you set your "Outline" color for the candles to "transparent"?

If you use any other instrument do you have this same behavior or is it only on the BAC?
          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

other instruments also

no, candle outline is black

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
            karado,

Generally if two people are discussing items in the forum we may leave them alone to do so. If you need direct, immediate assistance please email support at ninjatrader dot com, as our forum is more of a place for community discussions and our email address is for direct support.

We can answer requests within 15 minutes of regular business hours, however it may be longer nights/weekends at our email address I provided.

It looks like these missing candles may be break-even candles? Did you set your "Outline" color for the candles to "transparent"?

If you use any other instrument do you have this same behavior or is it only on the BAC?

Comment

Karado,

Thanks for clarification. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check in Help > About.

Likely we will need to look at your log/trace as well. Do you know how to send these files?

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response!
                .NET/CLR Version: 2.0.50727.5456

Karado,

Thanks for clarification. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check in Help > About.

Likely we will need to look at your log/trace as well. Do you know how to send these files?

Comment

I apologize

I apologize Adam...I was WRONG and you were ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!

I had an indicator called nfsCandles and that had Candle Outline Doji to "Transparent"!

Please see Att. below:

Once again I apologize for being wrong!!

Karado,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Karado,

I would like to look at your log and trace files. Could you send me an email to support at ninjatrader dot com? Please put ATTN : Adam in the message body.

You can also submit a request here : http://www.ninjatrader.com/Forms/SupportFormAJ.php

Comment

Karado,

I am happy you have resolved your issue. Please ignore my previous message in this thread (unless of course you need anything else as I'd be happy to look into other items).

No need to be sorry, actually I didn't think about it being an indicator immediately, just the candle color in your dataseries menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      11 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post xiinteractive  
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes