Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see workspace

Hello,
    I've saved workspaces, but when I go to open workspace and click on the workspace, no charts come up. Under "Workspaces" the correct workspace is showing as active. I am connected to market replay data (it's the weekend). Please advise.

dreamtribe,

Did you save over the workspace when no charts were present? Please exit NinjaTrader, and make sure NOT to save over anything. Then please reopen it.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but...

Hello and thanks. However, I don't understand what you are saying. I have charts open in the configuration I want them in. I go to the control center. I click on File -> workspaces -> "save workspace as..." then I name the workspace. Then I shut all my charts and "Open Workspace" and nothing happens. Perhaps you can walk me through the correct steps if this is wrong. Also, the correctly named workspace show up as active, but NO CHARTS APPEAR. Finally, if I shut down NT and then open is up and attempt to open the Workspace, no charts appear. Nothing happens, but the named workspace is showing as active.

Please advise.

Comment

Are you saying that when you right click on the Control Center ?Tab in the Start Bar you can see a list of your charts or you can see your charts as seperate ?Tabs in the Start Bar ?

What other computer operations did you do before the worksheet seemed empty ?
        update ?
        backup data ?
        transfer data ?
        change computer memory?
        change graphic setting ?
        anything?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I did not do anything with any function of the computer. I open NT and have to open new charts. I move them around to where I like them. I go over to the control center. I click File, then Workspaces, then Save Workspace as.... Then I name the Workspace. Then I log out of NT. Then I open up NT. Then I go to FIle, Workspaces, Open Workspaces. I click on the Workspace I have saved and named. No charts appear. Are charts supposed to appear? In the configuration I saved them, right? I must be missing a step or something. The NAME of the workspace appears under File -> Workspaces. There is a check mark beside the name. That means it is active, right? However, There are no charts.

Comment

dreamtribe,

I have not heard of this before, however you appear to be following the correct steps. Could you possibly check your Control Center > Log tab for any error messages? I may also need to get a copy of your workspace.

Comment

Next step

There are no errors in the log. How do I send you the workspace?

Comment

dreamtribe,

You could post it here. If you click the "Go advanced" button at the bottom when you are replying, there is a way to attach files.

Workspaces can be found in Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / workspaces.

Comment

Here's the workspace attached

Actually, when I tried to upload it from Documents > Ninjatrader 7 > Workspaces, I got an error message saying the file i invalid.

Comment

dreamtribe,'

Please submit a request to support at ninjatrader dot com describing your issue and if possible with the workspaces attached. We would be happy to work with you there, likely it will be easier and quicker.

Comment

workspace loading, but not appearing

hi guys i get the same issue as this periodically. i have now updated to version 16 as of today, i'm not sure if this will help.

basically i save workspace in the normal way and when i reopen NT i load the workspace which is displayed in the workspace window with a tick... but the actual data is missing... so no charts no MA etc.

this tends to happen about once every 2 weeks... the implications are i am feverishly saving workspaces frequently with different names in order to have good quality back ups should one fail. not ideal

is there a fix i can be aware of in the future please?

is it a cached problem?

Comment

Hello,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=53345

Look forward to assisting you further.
                        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Lance

well it is a problem im living with reluctantly, so it happened a few days ago. if that is impractical to send the log files for, i will keep saving workspaces regularly and when it happens again i will send the log files with the thread you mentioned.

is this the best solution?

thanks for your help

Comment

The send trace log method mentioned in post #12 will include all your recent trace log files. Also include in the body the date in which this occurred.

Also consider using our backup/restore utility: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm
                            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes