How to manage the contract end date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to manage the contract end date?

I am sure others have faced the same situation. One of the strategies I am using placed a trade for CL yesterday at the 90.97. The chart is attached. And the trade is profitable at the moment.

Now November CL's last contract date is Monday. But I do want to hold the position beyond Monday and I am not sure what should I do so that I still remain in the trade with the original entry price of 90.97 when the trading starts for CL December contract on Tuesday?

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can provide a step by step instruction on rolling over the position without getting rid of the position when trading stops for November contract. I've digging through the forum to find a good answer without much success.

Very much appreciate any help you can provide.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by pandyav View Post
    I am sure others have faced the same situation. One of the strategies I am using placed a trade for CL yesterday at the 90.97. The chart is attached. And the trade is profitable at the moment.

Now November CL's last contract date is Monday. But I do want to hold the position beyond Monday and I am not sure what should I do so that I still remain in the trade with the original entry price of 90.97 when the trading starts for CL December contract on Tuesday?

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can provide a step by step instruction on rolling over the position without getting rid of the position when trading stops for November contract. I've digging through the forum to find a good answer without much success.

Let us know what the bill is to ship a barrel to your place

Comment

Originally posted by pandyav View Post

Check out this thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...lover+strategy

Comment

Thank you Sledge.

I am still trying to figure this one out. The last trading date for CL 11-12 is Mon, 10/22.

And I already have an open position in it that I want to carry forward to CL 12-12.

Does this mean that sometime on Monday evening (before 12 AM), I should load CL 12-12 chart and re-load the strategy?

The part that confuses me is that what happens to the position that I had in CL 11-12?

And I am purely guessing here that I'll have to select Tools > Options > Strategies > Ninjascript > Immediately Submit Live Historical Orders for the newly loaded strategy to submit the same working orders, is that correct?

Again very much appreciate your help on this one.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH