Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What's the time zone for the data downloaded for Market Replay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the time zone for the data downloaded for Market Replay?

Hello,

I've downloaded a couple of sessions of data for market replay (one for 6B and another for ES) and I've noticed that in both cases the available data seems to go from 05:00 to 04:59.

I just wanted to confirm, what's the time zone of the values we see at the bottom of the charts in market replay mode? Is it always GMT/UTC for all instruments, regardless of the market where they're actually being traded?

Cheers,
    Tronader

Hello Tronader,

Thank you for your note.

Market Replay data is recorded in US Eastern Time, data starts at midnight and ends at 11:59:59 in most cases.

The time you see at the bottom of your charts are your local PC clock time.

So the data is recorded in US Eastern, then the charts convert this to show in your local time zone.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see, understood now, the 05:00 I can see from the UK is due to 00:00 ET + 5h difference.

Thank yo Cameron!

Comment

Time change when replaying after Daylight savings?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
        Hello Tronader,

Thank you for your note.

Market Replay data is recorded in US Eastern Time, data starts at midnight and ends at 11:59:59 in most cases.

So the data is recorded in US Eastern, then the charts convert this to show in your local time zone.
        Hi,

Got a related questions.

Just to clarify, I do live in Australia, however my machine is is set to Eastern time US (EST) to avoid confusion when trading.

My question is if I download data for days before Daylight savings ends but replay after and vice versa will that be corrected in that eg 10:00 AM remain 10:00 AM ??
        This would become relevant soon when daylight savings ends.

Cheers

Comment

Looking back in my historical data manager for February 2012 data, I see that the timestamps are at 9:30 for market open. (I record data)

I think a simple test would be to download something before "Daylight Savings Time" in US... it should be stamped with local time.

I don't think there will be any issues, as each item is time stamped, and the change happens Sunday morning, when nothing is trading... so no issues there.

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
          Hi,

Got a related questions.

Just to clarify, I do live in Australia, however my machine is is set to Eastern time US (EST) to avoid confusion when trading.

My question is if I download data for days before Daylight savings ends but replay after and vice versa will that be corrected in that eg 10:00 AM remain 10:00 AM ??
          This would become relevant soon when daylight savings ends.

Cheers

Comment

Hello Tronader,

Thank you for your note.

My chart time did not updated to the new clock. I have a difference between the PC clock and the chart time. My trades are ploted one hour back on the chart which not represent the reality. What should i do ?

Comment

Hello aDRianK,

What time zone are you located in?

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
              Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

After updating your PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader and let me know if you are still having issues.
              CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

problem solved. thank you.

Comment

Hello aDRianK,

What time zone are you located in?

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
                  Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

After updating your PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader and let me know if you are still having issues.
                  Hello. I have the same problem again. I updated my PC clock in accordance with the above instructions but this time the problem is not solved. I still have a difference between the platform time and the PC time. I am in GMT+2 Bucharest area.

Comment

This is likely related to the recent Daylight Saving time change that occurred this week. Please ensure you've installed all updates from Microsoft pertaining to this area http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes