Chase if Touched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase if Touched

Is there a programmatic equivalent for the ATM setting of "Chase" or "Chase if Touched"?

There is not a "Chase" or "Chase If Touched" method, but if you've an an ATM Strategy template saved with your desired chase settings, you can just call this template using ATM Strategy method.

You can see an example of how to use an ATM under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy--> SampleATMStrategy

I'm also providing a link to our Help Guide on ATM Strategy methods for more information:

If you would like to emulate the Chase/Chase If Touched in a managed order entry method, you would need to custom program this.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I can do some custom programming though I am by no means an expert. I use atm strategies programmatically called from a custom strategy but they are difficult and time-consuming to test, and frankly every time I use replay my instance of NT gets trashed and I have to reinstall it so I just don't use replay any longer. Do you have any sample of custom programming that could incorporate the elements I would need to compose a chase method in my custom programming? Anything I could look at that would help get me started?
      Thanks
      DaveN

Comment

Hello daveN,
        Unfortunately the chase method is handled by the atm template only.

You can however change the stop/target orders. Please refer to our help guide to know more about it.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          There is not a "Chase" or "Chase If Touched" method, but if you've an an ATM Strategy template saved with your desired chase settings, you can just call this template using ATM Strategy method.

You can see an example of how to use an ATM under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy--> SampleATMStrategy

I'm also providing a link to our Help Guide on ATM Strategy methods for more information:

If you would like to emulate the Chase/Chase If Touched in a managed order entry method, you would need to custom program this.
          If the atm is called in a strategy, will it backtest (with the atm stategy)?

Comment

ATM Strategy methods cannot be backtested in the strategy analyzer.

You would need to use Market Replay to test any ATM Strategies.

Otherwise you would need to hard code this function in the strategy

Comment

Matt...k...so, if I actually called the ATM direct in the code of a strategy per http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gy_methods.htm then when I run a backtest it will work that way (or do you mean something else)? Greg

Comment

No, they will not work in a backtest.

Comment

what do you mean by hard code (do you have some example code for converting a atm into a hard code for the use in a existing strategy I have)?

Comment

I mean that you would need to use the managed orders and manually change your stops or targets to mimic the ATM Strategy functions.

Please see our reference sample on modification the price of stop and profit targets:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes