Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Demo Accounts etc

Hi:

I need to delete multiple old demo accounts that show up in the Strategy dropdown menu and other areas. How do I get rid of them? I have already deleted them in Options>Simulation etc.

Thank You.

Greg

birdog,

You can reset your database to scratch here, however doing so will also remove your ATM strategies likely. Is this something you would like to do?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      birdog,

You can reset your database to scratch here, however doing so will also remove your ATM strategies likely. Is this something you would like to do?
      I have done both db and instrument resets and it never removes the old accounts etc...the list is getting very big now for old live and old demos...really need to get rid of the ones I don't need...

Can you ask someone how to do this easily without risking my messing up all my settings, templates, etc etc etc...

Comment

Greg,

Unfortunately the only way to do this is to rename or delete the "NinjaTrader.sdf" file in your My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / db directory. You will lose some settings like ATM strategies if you do this. I can make a suggestion to our development team to implement a way to do it otherwise if you would like.

Comment

Greg,

Unfortunately the only way to do this is to rename or delete the "NinjaTrader.sdf" file in your My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / db directory. You will lose some settings like ATM strategies if you do this. I can make a suggestion to our development team to implement a way to do it otherwise if you would like.
          1. Please Please...yes, if they could set it up to where we can "manage" accounts and simply delete the ones we don't want they would be great!!!

2. Exactly what would happen if I renamed ONLY the "NinjaTrader.sdf" database...is there anything I would loose? If so, exactly what? I know you mentioned ATM strategies but what else exactly (I am very protective over that because of all the work I have invested in all my different settings, templates, etc)?

***Could I rename it, save it, restate NT, then close NT and then rename it back to the original name (would that also take care of removing those old accounts both live and demo)? Exactly what would happen if I renamed the database...is there anything I would loose? If so, exactly what? I know you mention ATM strategies but what else exactly (I am very protective over that because of all the work I have invested in all my different settings, templates, etc)?

3. Lastly, if I actually DELETED the "NinjaTrader.sdf" is there anything I would loose? If so, exactly what? I know you mentioned ATM strategies but what else exactly (I am very protective over that because of all the work I have invested in all my different settings, templates, etc)?

4. If I backup prior to do this, would it restore exactly the way I had it if something goes wrong?

Thanks Adam...

Comment

Greg,

If you delete or rename the file, you will lose ATM strategies, historical order performance results, Sim101 account performance results, and some other historical data. Chart templates and Workspaces will not be touched.

There is unfortunately no way to get these back if you do this, and unfortunately again it is the only way to get rid of these other accounts showing up in the accounts option.

Comment

Greg,

If you delete or rename the file, you will lose ATM strategies, historical order performance results, Sim101 account performance results, and some other historical data. Chart templates and Workspaces will not be touched.

There is unfortunately no way to get these back if you do this, and unfortunately again it is the only way to get rid of these other accounts showing up in the accounts option.
              Adam:

What about actual trading Strategies in the Strategies tab..are they retained?

Please let me know what dev. says about adding a "manage" account option so they can be deleted on the fly.

Thanks.

Comment

birdog,

Likely I will need to hear back first, and I don't have any information now for the suggestion.

As far as your other question, yes the strategies are maintained.

Comment

birdog,

Likely I will need to hear back first, and I don't have any information now for the suggestion.

As far as your other question, yes the strategies are maintained.

Sure...no worries...just let me know whenever you do...take care Adam...bye for now..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielTynera  
                  Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post yertle