Multiple day/ Multiple instrument replay data download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple day/ Multiple instrument replay data download

I would like to trade replay data for multiple days on an instrument portfolio. Is there any way to select a date range and/or instrument range to download data for? It seems ridiculous to have to download one day for one instrument at a time.

It takes about 15 seconds to go to the replay data download prompt, select an instrument, select a day, then push download. It then takes less than half a second for the file to download. Then I have to remember the exact day that I downloaded (unless I look it up in the db folder). If I want to practice with a 6 market portfolio for one single day, it's at least 90 seconds of bumbling through prompts for less than 3 seconds of download time. The user interface causes it to take an entirely unreasonable amount of time to download, let alone if I want data for multiple days.

It is not a limitation of the software or the server, just a clunky user interface that severely affects productivity. I consider that a very serious problem since it is a design decision which, unlike a bug, is entirely avoidable. That is, unless there actually is a way to select a date and instrument range. If that is the case, then ignore the above.

DMC,

Unfortunately this is not something supported at this time, though I will add your vote into the suggestion we are tracking in our database. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. The replay feature is fantastic, and could be made even better with this simple upgrade. I am glad to hear that this has been suggested, and am looking forward to future releases.

Comment

I have recorded over 2 years worth of data. Amazing how fast time flies.

Originally posted by DMC123 View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply. The replay feature is fantastic, and could be made even better with this simple upgrade. I am glad to hear that this has been suggested, and am looking forward to future releases.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred