Logarithmic Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logarithmic Scale

I'm trying to figure out what formula NinjaTrader uses for displaying logarithmic charts. In every other charting package that I've used, the distance between the y-tick values varies exponentially, as one would expect.

In NT, regardless of whether I look at a stock like DIS or forex pairs, the distance between the ticks is fixed. Could you please explain what aspect of the chart is logarithmic?

Hello,

What are the pip settings you are using with the forex pairs? If the instrument tick size is very small, it may be difficult to see the difference between these two display types.

If you load a futures contact such as the ES 12-12 contract which trades in 0.25, can you see the difference?

Can you please post a screen shot of the charts you're using with the logarithmic vs linear settings?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by texasnomad View Post
      I'm trying to figure out what formula NinjaTrader uses for displaying logarithmic charts. In every other charting package that I've used, the distance between the y-tick values varies exponentially, as one would expect.

In NT, regardless of whether I look at a stock like DIS or forex pairs, the distance between the ticks is fixed. Could you please explain what aspect of the chart is logarithmic?
      Hm, when I look at the scale (admittedly squeezed down to show a larger range), it does look properly exponential to me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        Hm, when I look at the scale (admittedly squeezed down to show a larger range), it does look properly exponential to me.
        Thanks koganam. That's a very clever way to check the NinjaTrader logarithmic chart.I was looking at Disney stock charts. Eyeballing it was not quite enough to determine the difference.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
        1 response
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post swestendorf  
        Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes