Volume count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume count

Hi, I'm looking for an indicator that shows the exact count of volume for each bar in the chart. The VOL indicator shows a volume histogram that isn't precise enough, and the VolumeCounter only shows the volume/volume countdown for the current bar. Does anything like this exist?

Hello Security Shinobi,

Thank you for your post.

Please advise specifics on the Volume number you are looking for.
    What instrument are you viewing? What interval is selected for the chart?
    Have you set VOL to CalculateOnBarClose = False (right click in your chart > Indicators > VOL > CalculateOnBarClose = False > OK)?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I'm trading on the 6E (Euro futures), using an 85 tick chart, and I'd like to know the exact number of contracts that were traded during each 85-tick bar on my chart.

I set calculate on bar close to false on the VOL indicator, and that didn't change anything.

Comment

Hello Security Shinobi,

Thank you for your response.

The VOL indicator when set to CalculateOnBarClose = False will show the volume for the current bar, and the historical bars on your chart.
        Please advise specifics on the Volume number you are looking for. VOL is the volume, if this is not what you are looking for then please provide an example.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I want to see the exact number that corresponds to each blue volume bar. I set CalculateOnBarClose = False, and it's showing the traded volume for the latest bar, but not for any historical bars.

For example, one blue bar would have 816 contracts traded, and the next bar, which is higher, would have 1032 contracts traded. That's the information I want to see, but right now I just see a blue bar and a taller blue bar beside it.

Comment

Hello Security Shinobi,

Thank you for that information.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

In addition please attach a screenshot fo your chart to your response.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach to your response..

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I'm using version 7.0.1000.11

I'm connected to Zen-Fire (by the mirus futures demo).

There are no errors on my screen or in the log.

I've attached the chart.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Security Shinobi,

Thank you for your response.

There are two methods to accomplish this, both involving the Data Box.

First, you can press down on your middle mouse wheel to see the Mini Data Box > then move over any bar with your middle mouse wheel held down and you will see information on that bar including the Volume.
                Second, you can enable the Data Box by right clicking in your chart > select Properties > set the Show Data Box option to True.

For information on the Data Box please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/data_box.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

That tells me what I needed to know, thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post SantoshXX  
                  Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielTynera