Re-loading IB Data & Chart Stacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-loading IB Data & Chart Stacking

Is there a way to just reload 1 or 5 days of IB data? Or when I click to reload all historically data, it fetches everything IB has?

Also, I am an Ensign user as well, and can't seem to find anything in the documentation if I can stack charts for different time frames. Meaning, from one chart...can I have 2 or 3 tabs that will rotate different time frames? Or do I need 2 or 3 different charts?

Thanks!

Hello Stok,
    You can use the Historical Data Manager to download data for any specific number of days. Please refer to our help guide to know more about it.

Unfortunately tabbed feature is not supported in NinjaTrader. You have to open a new chart for each periodicity.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! One more thing, the reason I asked about reloading IB data, is that the daily bar for my forex pairs are off from the sunday-monday session this week. I reload and still not right...I am comparing to loading IB data in Ensign. Everything else that loads in Ninja from IB is exact except sun-mon bar. Any ideas on that? Is it because the stock markets where closed?

Comment

Hello Stok,
        Yes, that may be the case.

If you try opening a chart in TWS then does the bars corresponds with each other.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
          Hello Stok,
          Yes, that may be the case.

If you try opening a chart in TWS then does the bars corresponds with each other.

I look forward to assisting you further.
          Hi Joydeep,

Actually it is matching with TWS chart, but not Ensign (which loads IB data) and the crazy thing is that I had trades filled on sun/mon bar that Ensign shows the correct bar, and TWS shows the bar where it never would of triggered. I'll keep an eye on it, but every other bar matches in Ensign and TWS. I will assume that IB data for that day was edited and Ensign is keeping the correct data bar, even though I do refresh.

Thanks for the help, I am just trying to match Ninja with Ensign charts so I may move over to Ninja for charting and trading.

edit: Also the intraday data from IB does match with the Ensign bar, and not TWS daily bar (and the Ninja bar). TWS 60 min chart same as Ensign 60 min chart. So, this looks to be an error on TWS daily reporting of OHLC.
          Last edited by Stok; 10-31-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Hello Stok,
            NinjaTrader will pull the data as reported by TWS. Unfortunately I am not aware of the exact working of the 3rd party software and can only suggest to seek further clarification from them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses