Market Replay Not Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Not Playing

Just wanted to add a tip for a 'Market Replay Not Playing' problem search. I encountered the problem and perhaps it will help the next person and save support some time by not having to answer the same question.

If you have multiple charts in a workspace (and perhaps multiple monitors), open all the charts in the workspace and let them all initialize with the downloaded data first, before trying to replay. You can minimize them after market replay starts. If they are minimized and not initialized when you begin replay, you may encounter various problems. (i.e. playback not working correctly, NT appearing to stop working, playback clock not moving, charts not updating, Level2 working but charts not, just to name a few)

Of course a different instrument in a workspace other than the downloaded instrument replay data will not playback but the chart must still be opened and initialized first as well.
    Last edited by florida99; 11-04-2012, 06:24 AM.

Florida,

Just for clarification here, you are saying that the charts being minimized causes the replay to not play back when you start it? Are these similar replication steps :

1. Download some replay data.
    2. Open some charts for the data you have downloaded in 1.
    3. Minimize all the charts.
    4. Connection to Market replay.
    5. Begin playing the replay data for times you have it recorded.
    6. Maximize the charts.
    7. Replay data won't be playing in the charts.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam, almost everything you wrote is correct. Step 3, some charts open, some minimized before Step 4. (In my case, I had the higher time frame charts minimized and was looking at (2, 5, 15 min) charts.) No step 6 because it appears as if NT stops working. If try to close NT and reopen, "Only one instance of NT..." message apears. It then takes task manager to close NT.

I was experiencing the problem and finally troubleshot this weekend. Had opened a support request which I later asked to be cancelled. I know that replay works and was shown how to use it by telephone support months ago.
      Had multiple charts (8) of same instrument (different time frames) in a workspace with several indicators each and one different instrument in same workspace. Replay was acting as I described above.

Created single chart, new workspace, replay was fine. (The multi chart instrument was 6E 12-12 for 11/2/2012 and the single was DX 12-12, I knew the 6E data was available, also saw it in \db\data) Eliminated some of my charts in the crowded space, replay was fine. Without going into too much more detail, (you can easily guess what I thought the problem could be, different instrument? too many charts?, etc) and spending more time on identifying what was causing problem, I then discovered what I wrote, if all of the charts weren't opened & initialized to begin, replay didn't work. As long as I opened initialized(?) is that the right word here (?) all of the charts first, replay then worked fine. Can minimize charts after replay begins.

If charts were minimized and not initialized when trying to replay, it had problems, no matter how long I waited.

I didn't consider this a bug and am not suggesting such, just thought it was an 'operating characteristic' and I posted for the next person, if they experience it and search. If you think it's inappropriate, can delete the post.
      Thanks for support.
      Last edited by florida99; 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

florida,

This is definitely appropriate and a perfect example of using the support forum, i.e. provide information that is public. Actually, we are interested in trying to replicate anything like this.

So by "initialized" do you mean the chart is open and NOT minimized? Or do you mean you opened a chart after the replay began and this didn't work?

Comment

By initialized or opened, I mean the chart is maximized, (or sized, just not minimized) and the data plotted. (The first part of your response)

In the case of the different instrument within the workspace, of course there is no replay data for it and doesn't replay, but still the same, the chart neeed to be maximized (or sized), (not minimized) and chart plotted with whatever data the pc has before replay can begin.
          Last edited by florida99; 11-05-2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

florida,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to replicate.

Comment

Ran into a related nuance with Market Replay when using multiple (two or more) workspaces. Charts on the current active workspace will load/initialize with the historical replay data set and will begin updating when MR is started as described above. Charts on the workspace that is not active / visible will not load/initialize with the replay historical data set and thus if I later switch to that workspace the charts on that workspace will not be updating while MR is running.

Comment

pt-emini,

Could you give me a list of replication steps here?

Comment

I tried to recreate the problem I ran into last week and was not able to do so. I have two workspaces up and running fine with market replay. I will play around with it a bit more and see if I can recreate the steps.
                  Last edited by pt-emini; 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                  10 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest