freeze when switch instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freeze when switch instrument

The charts are freezing when I change the instrument. The charts within my workaspace are working ok with 6E, but when I try to switch to NQ or TF or Fdax the charts are freezing.

Hello,

How many days are you loading? (right click the chart -> data series... -> check under the right column)

Does it freeze when opening a new chart with Chart Template set to <none>?

Could you clarify what you mean by freeze? (are the charts not loading new bars or is the chart window not responding?)

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What Expiry are you using?

(For a chart) what interval is selected? (minute, tick, range, etc)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have 12 charts. One loads 100 days, other one 70 days and the rest of them between 3 and 7 days.
      It's not freezing when I open a new chart with Chart Template.
      By freeze I mean that the chart is not responding. Is not loading the new instrument.
      I use NT 7.0.1000.11 connected to CQG.
      I use 6E 12-12, TF 12-12, NQ 12-12, FDAX12-12.
      Chart interval is set to tick.
      No errors on screen, neither in Log Tab

Comment

Hello aDRianK,

Thanks for clarifying.

Reducing the total number of days of data requested in the chart should be of some help here. As you'd imagine, 100 days of tick based data can be a very large data set to load.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT locking up solid

Hiya, I've got the latest version of NT and I'm using AMP Clearing - with IB as a backup. I have several work-spaces that i use in a day but usually only have one open at a time.

This morning NT locks up solid (freezes, not responding) for no apparent reason. I have one long term chart open but its minute data. Several 5 minute charts with only ten days or so open, a market analyzer and an alert window. I'm running this on an i5 laptop with loads of RAM.

Obviously the work-spaces are too big, but I've got to figure this out or i may as well quit.

CanOz

Comment

Hello,

Even though you may only see one workspace open it's possible you have your others open and running as well.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
            * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
            * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
            * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
            * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.
            * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

For more information on managing workspaces: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...workspaces.htm
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader  
            Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes