X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using second instrument

Hello

If I have two instruments, can I do the following:

When onbarupdate comes for the first instrument I use getcurrentbid to get value of the second instrument at that time, in such case I avoid any synchronization issues. I need this only for real time (no historical testing is needed, I have another approach for this).

Are there any issues if I store this value from getcurrentbid to a custom dataserie object and use it to build indicator?

Thank you.

Sergey, this would give you the last known bid update then of the second instrument - for the custom dataseries be sure to keep in mind it's per default synched to the primary series.

If the second instrument is using another timeframe, you wish to use this technique to provide a data series object inline with it - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3572

The spread indicators shared kindly here by kdoren can also be a good starting point for your custom works, as a syncronization method would be included as welll - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...=spread&desc=1
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand

Be aware that spread indicator has a "bug", it works for some pairs but does not work for others, for example, if you choose $eurusd (or E7) and ES on daily bars from kinetick you will find out that ES bar comes one day earlier (just enough to make your rich during backtesting), but it works on two currency pairs and some other combinations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh