Using Yahoo RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Yahoo RT

I'm thinking of subscribing to Yahoo real time data and I'm wondering if there is a way to link NT7 to it? Please let me know.

Hello StockJock,

Thank you for your post.

The Yahoo EOD connection can be established within NinjaTrader and I would assume that a real-time connection can also be established.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
      The Yahoo EOD connection can be established within NinjaTrader and I would assume that a real-time connection can also be established.
      Is it correct that by using Yahoo RT as a data provider that I should be able to get quotes from most of the world markets exchanges, if I use the appropriate symbol extension for those exchanges?

Comment

Hello StockJock,

Yes this is correct as long as you are receiving the data for these instruments and exchanges from Yahoo.

You may need to edit the symbol map for Yahoo within the Instrument Manager for the appropriate Instrument.
        • Control Center > Tools > Instrument Manager...
        • Type the instrument name into the "Name" field > Click "Search"
        • Highlight the instrument from the grid below > Click "Edit"
        • On the Edit Instrument window > Click the "Misc" tab
        • Edit the Yahoo symbol mapping.

Comment

Can NT7 interface with data downloaders like RTQdownloader to get streaming quotes?

Comment

Hello StockJock,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with any programs like RTQDownloader and NinjaTrader is not set up to interface with programs like this.

With that being said, if you can export data from RTQDownloader you may import this data into NinjaTrader from Control Center > Tools > Historical Data Manager...

See our help guide entry on Importing data:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
              ... if you can export data from RTQDownloader you may import this data into NinjaTrader from Control Center > Tools > Historical Data Manager...
              RTQdownloader creates a continuous stream of quote data from Yahoo. MLDownloader is more suited for historical EOD data importing. It would be nice if the NT programmers could develop an interface for real time data downloader programs in future NT releases. Also, I'm sure that the traders arround the world who use NT would appreciate to have predefined symbol lists for their market exchanges.

I see that in NT7 that the time interval for getting Yahoo quotes can be set to 60 seconds. Does that data also include Bid/Ask data and Time & Sales data?
              Last edited by StockJock; 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hello StockJock,

Since the type of functionality you are seeking is not presently supported within NinjaTrader, I have documented this particular feature request and have sent it to our product development team.

Once I have a tracking ID for this particular feature request, I will let you know.

Comment

Hello StockJock,

I have heard back from development on this functionality and will be tracked using ID # 2093.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes