Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing data series in strategy analyzer

Hi,

How can I change chart settings (candle stick outline colour, background colour etc.) for the charts window when using strategy analyzer?

Thanks!

Hello nklar1,

Thank you for your post.

You can change the Background by right clicking in the chart > select Properties > change the Background Color > OK.
    However, you cannot change the candlestick outline, wick or colors for up or down (essentially the Data Series window).

I will forward this to our development team for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello nklar1,

In addition, you can set the default for a one minute chart and that will apply to the chart in the Strategy Analyzer.

To do this go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > File > New > Chart > select an instrument > then select the Minute Period Type and a value of 1 > setup the Candlesticks as you wish > then right click in the Data Series window and select 'Set Default for 'Minute' Period Type.

The next time you run a backtest in the Strategy Analyzer and view the chart it will display the same settings you set above.

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

I have another quick question. I know that when using strategy analyzer to make an automated entry the entry is only made the bar after the particular conditions are met. If I am not entering a position but only drawing on the chart, when a certain criteria is met, will the draw object also show up the bar after the criteria is met? Or can drawing be done mid bar?

If I am using the strategy in real time and not back testing will drawing and alerts be made mid bar
          in real time, or only on bar close?

Thanks again

Comment

Hello nklar1,

Thank you for your post.

This is due to CalculateOnBarClose. When backtesting in the Strategy Analyzer CalculateOnBarClose is always True, meaning calculations are done at the close of a bar. This applies to plots and drawing.

However, you could use the same method for submitting orders intrabar for drawing intrabar as well. This method is detailed in the following reference sample: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=6652

When in real-time CalculateOnBarClose depends on what you have set it to. If set to False then the strategy/indicator will calculate on each incoming tick.
            For information on CalcualteOnBarClose please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onbarclose.htm

Comment

Hello nklar1,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 2075.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rehmans
              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes