Create a reversal Position with an existing opposite position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a reversal Position with an existing opposite position

I am wondering if the system will create a close position order automatically when my strategy create an enter position order along with an existing opposite position.
    For example, if my strategy has an existing short position GC already, then the strategy create an order to enter a long position for the same instrument GC.
    So what will happen, the system will close the short position first then enter the long position or it just close the short position?

Hello,

Strategies will not automatically create an exit order for an entry unless specified.

In your example it will depend on the type of orders being placed. Is this buy order a market order, a limit order, etc?

If your strategy is already short and you place a buy order, this buy order would flatten your position when filled.

There are an infinite number of order management possibilities through the use of strategies and we have different ways of programming them.

Please let me know if there is a more specific situation I can elaborate on.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How about a limit order to enter a long position along with a short position? what about a market order instead?

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by Majorshi View Post
        How about a limit order to enter a long position along with a short position? what about a market order instead?
        If you place a buy limit order once you are already short, this will act as a "target" order.

If you place a buy market order once you are already short, this will exit your position at the market price.

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard.
        Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
        Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
        Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: http://youtube/fVFqw5W8uGI

We also have great resources in relation to Strategy Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
        Take me to your support forum!

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)
        We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
        Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.
        Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
        Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
        1 response
        0 likes