Same scale for data overlay chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same scale for data overlay chart

I would like overlayed data1 and data2 to be plotted on the same scale.

The scale choice seems to be either fixed or automatic, if the scales are fixed for both
    then the scales have to be reset as the chart is panned

Can this be done
    Last edited by jsl12; 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM. Reason: error

Hello,

It is possible to overlay different data series on the same panel with the same Y axis.

Right click the chart -> data series... -> set data series to the same panel under the Panel setting in the right column.

Please see "Understanding panels" for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm

The fixed/automatic you are referring to refers to whether or not the data is fit to the chart. Fixed allows you to set it up to your desired Y axis range. Automatic will automatically fit the data onto the chart.

See "How to change the vertical scale and range of a chart": http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm
    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Automatic scales independently and fixed needs to be adjusted every time scrolling moves the data out of the fixed range
      So I assume that fixing the scale of both instruments to one of the instruments is not possible

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by jsl12 View Post
        Automatic scales independently and fixed needs to be adjusted every time scrolling moves the data out of the fixed range
        So I assume that fixing the scale of both instruments to one of the instruments is not possible
        If you would like to plot two Indicators on one panel and have it auto fit one but ignore the scaling of the other:

Select the Data Series by left clicking it -> Right click it -> Properties -> Locate Auto Scale -> Set to False

If this is not what you are looking to do please provide me with an image of your chart and further explanation of your goal.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        For detailed instructions please visit the following link

* http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

same scale for overlay data

" If you would like to plot two Indicators on one panel and have it auto fit one but ignore the scaling of the other:"

Yes - but I am trying to plot 2 data series not indicators on the same scale.

Auto scale for the data series seems to be greyed out see attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

From the image it does look like they are but please ensure ACN is also on Panel 1.

Additionally, you may find the following to provide you with with the results you are looking for
            Leave both data series Auto Scale set to True
            Set the Scale justification for one of them to Right, and the other to Left

With Auto scale, you will always have to have at least one data series set to true. If your ACN is set to Auto scale - False, then FGBL will be locked to true.

It is not possible to set all the data series Auto scale to false.

Comment

Both autoscales are locked on true with left and right scaling, both on panel 1, however the result is that the data series scale inepedantly

Comment

Hello,

This is correct when using separate y axises.

Could you please try this on a blank chart and let me know if the issue persists? It is possible you have a custom indicator interfering with this process. (When creating a new chart, please ensure Chart Template is set to <none>)

I've attached two images showing what my data series window looks like. Notice both Auto scale settings are selectable and currently set to True. I can set one of them to false, but not both.
                Also note: I have also set the justification on both back to Right.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                0 responses