Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting graphcis is noticeably slower in Windows 8

Hi, guys!

I installed windows 8 (upgrade from W7) and NT charting is noticeably slower than before. It is highly visible when I use drawing tools, like trend lines.

I thought it is drivers, but all other software I have like TradeStation and games do not have this issue and everything works without any type of lag.

I have the latest NT build.

Thanks,
    Dima

Hello dpolyakov,

Windows 8 is not officially support with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11. With that said, there are a number of clients that have installed NinjaTrader on Windows 8 without any issues thus far.

To troubleshoot the situation, you may try the following

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> workspaces folder
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Note: This will not delete any saved workspaces that you have, only make NinjaTrader startup with blank workspace.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.
    * Make sure you create a new chart with the "<None>" template selected in the lower right corner

If no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If the issue returns you may want to either recreate the workspace and see if it is a indicator/setting that may be causing this.

When we officially support Windows 8, we will place it on our Minimum System Requirements at the following link that you may view.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT running Slow on my Windows 8 Machine

I read this post from way back when, and noted that Windows 8 was not supported at that time. I do NOT see that its currently supported either.

Please verify. If supported then is there something that can be done to clear up the lag in the NT software. I run the same set ups etc. On my Window 7 Pro equipped laptop when needed and it runs much much faster.

My definition of run faster is that the charts, indicators etc. run smoothly and in sync. Currently a lot of my orders fill in mid air with the charts updating a second two later. In addition when disconnecting or connecting to my brokers there is a significant lag in the process ( one or two minutes sometimes ). My laptop has none of these issues.

thanks in advance,

George

Comment

Hello George,

Thank you for your forum post.

Windows 8 is now fully supported:

If you have not upgrade to release 7.0.1000.22 then I would recommend to upgrade initially:

Please upgrade with the steps provided below. With this procedure you will not lose any Workspaces, Charts, etc. You will need to copy your license key from Control Center > Help > License Key...
        • Close all running applications.
        • Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
          • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
          • Processes tab
          • Locate and highlight "NinjaTrader.exe" > Click "End Process"
          • If NinjaTrader is not located on the Processes tab, skip this step.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22 from the link below:

After upgrading you can troubleshoot performance issues with tips and suggestions on the NinjaTrader Performance Tips Help Guide at the link below.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes