IB Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more detail

I just managed to launch the app through the TWSStart.

I just want to add one additional detail taht caused me to lose 2 hours.

When the TWSStart attempts to launch the IB Gateway, in my case, I was prompted for security code.

This caused a bug for the TWSStart to not recognize once you login (icon keeps flashing even after you login).

I assume this bug prevents the TWSStart to automatically load the external program.

I also had to change the title in the external program to "IB Trader worsktation".

After I did login with the security code, I had to go to "external programs" within TWSStart and manually right click -> run in order fot the app to run.

Then once I did that Iwent and started NT and connected as per the instructions.

Despite the slight troubles, I want to thank to the creator.

Has anyone been using this connection consistently? Any feedback on how reliable it is?

I am asking because 90% of my automated strategies are based on swing trading and want to be sure I am making the best possible choice before I lose valuable data.

Thanks.

Comment

something is amiss

I followed the instructions and Ran TWSStart and clicked Run and it loaded the Gateway. Then in NT went to my IB connection and it still wants to load TWS. The Ports are set properly (I use IBG a lot and am a bit of a power user). What can be wrong here?

Comment

OK renaming the application seems to have worked. I am connected.

ETA: Charts now working. Thanks.

Very disappointed there is no option for a quasi-real-time ("1 second") chart.
        Last edited by cjvernon; 10-17-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Hello cjvernon,

You can create a 1 second chart in NinjaTrader with the following steps:

We have added the ability to quickly change the interval from keyboard shortcuts, please see the example below.
          • Select your chart, start typing directly on the chart, 1 S and press 'Enter'

The above will change your chart to a 1 Second chart. 'S' is the suffix for second.
          Available suffixes:
          Suffix interval:
          M
          Minute
          T
          Tick
          V
          Volume
          R
          Range
          S
          Second
          D
          Day
          W
          Week
          MO
          Month
          Y
          Year
          RE
          Renko

This can also be changed from the Data Series window.
          • Right click in your chart -> Data Series -> set the 'Type' to Second-> Press 'OK'

For additional information and a list of available suffixes, please see the following section in the link below.

How to change a Data Series - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

Please note that some bart types require Historical Tick data and not all data providers support Historical Tick Data.

Please see the following link to see all the supported data types for each provider.
          Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan, thanks, I actually tried the "S" and the chart froze and would not load, only worked with "M"

Comment

Hello cjvernon,

Thank you for the follow up.

Since the chart froze when attempting to set second intervals, I can investigate this situation further on my end.

Please send a note to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your latest log and trace file:

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
              • The log file will be named "log.20141017.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
              • The trace file will be named "trace.20141017.txt"
              Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              2 responses