Chart Trader "Close" Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader "Close" Glitch

This morning while in a trade placed using an ATM in Chart Trader, after closing the trade using the Close button, I ended up long 1 contract instead of flat. This is the second time, and after talking to some other people over at BMT, it has happened to them as well.

I believe that the market order being sent to the market to close the position is triggering the stop order that is at the same price.

I entered a 2 contract short and had already taken profits on 1 contract. When I closed the second contract 1 tick below my stop, I ended up long 1 contract instead of flat.

In the order grid, I see an Exit as Target 2, but an Entry as Stop 2 at the same time. I would think that the stop order should be pulled prior to submitting the market order to prevent this from happening. This is the second time in 2 weeks it has happened to me, and the reason I don't just let my stop get hit is because I trade an instrument that isn't very liquid, so the stop sometimes won't get triggered by 3+ ticks.

Hello xav1029,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Chart Trader "Close" Glitch' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Please include what time the trade occurred, what instrument, price, etc.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is an image of my order log. There is a 1 second difference between the two orders, which is unacceptable for the stop order not being pulled prior to the market close order being submitted.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files as per post #2, so I can investigate what happened.

If you cannot send log and trace files this way, please let me know.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Log file sent. Thanks for the quick response jason.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB