globex stop limit vs stop order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

globex stop limit vs stop order

On ecbot stop limit wasn't supported it required globex. It used only stop order which meant when you hit a stop you normally lost 1 more tick. Not good when you try to commission out.

Now that things have moved from ecbot to cme and globex for ZB bonds are the rules for stop limit also now changed so that ZB is now like the ES?

regards

Cliff

You would have to ask your broker if any orders types have been affected in how they are treated at the exchange. In NT, the only relevant area is with ECBOT ATM stop loss orders, they were always submitted as STOP MARKET as default. For the most part, if they go to the CME, it will be STOP LIMIT now.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got a different answer than thiis from Ninja Support. Did this change recently with CBOT/CME merger?

The question is: when you right-click on SuperDom Properties, the last item on this list is called "Use stop market for stop loss orders" In the explanation below, NinjaTrader says: "This property is ignored for Ecbot/Eurex/Fx where stop market is used and Globex where stop limit is used."

I believe the explanation is incorrect. I believe Globex does allow a stop-loss order to be a market order.

(Otherwise, who would trade on Globex? You would have a good chance that your stop-loss orders would not get filled -- the price could fall right through your limit price and you would be unprotected.)

I have tried to get this answered by Ninja, the exchange, and my broker and I get different answers. I would really appreciate you getting this right and making it clear in SuperDom Properties.

It's a pretty important point if the Ninja explanation is indeed correct. And if it's wrong I'm sure you'd want to change it.

Comment

NinjaTrader Stop loss orders generated from an ATM strategy use stop limit orders unless the exchange traded is Ecbot/Eurex/FX instruments where a stop market is then used.

This is the order type that we (programmers) decided to use in the above scenario.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
        1 response
        0 likes