Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulator - Margin Call - Entry Price Bug

Hi:

I have found what appears to be a reproducible bug. I AM new, so if anything is wrong here, sorry about that.

I am trading on an AMP demo account. For completeness:

- I'm only connected to the AMP simulator account.
    - I'm not in Global Simulation Mode.
    - I have made changes to the Simulator settings (to attempt to match what AMP implements; though it's not actually perfect in that regard)
    - I've also made changes to the CL instrument editor (a margin value)
    - I am trading light sweet crude (CL 12-12)

The bug is triggered after an attempt is made to enter a trade which exceeds the account margin. -- At that point, Ninja will pop up a dialog saying the order can't be filled. After modifying the order quantity to meet the margin requirement, the NEXT ORDER PLACED; and following orders, go in wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't know EXACTLY what order was placed that triggered the margin call (the exact price, or quantity). This HAS happened several times -- every time the margin call dialog pops up, the next order seems wrong.

I have screen captures of the chart (and chart trader) before, during, and after the "BOGUS TRADE". I also have account report grids, and screen shots of the settings. They should be accessible on my shared Google Drive here:

Charts:
    10:25am
    10:26am
    10:28am

Options:
    Simulator Options
    CL Instrument Editor

Grids:
    Orders
    Executions
    Accounts
    Account Performance

Looking at the charts, you will see:

1: Before the "bogus" order -- 10:25am. You will see the account balance is -$420. This is also the point in time AFTER I made an attempt to enter a trade that exceeded the margin. - Ninja had popped up the warning dialog, and I've dismissed it at this point. There are no open trades.

2: With the "bogus" order open -- 10:26am. I placed a BUY order at 85.23 for 5 contracts. -- You see the blue chart arrow showing the entry across all 5 orders. YET, the order entered at 85.07. -- A price BETTER then my order, by 16 ticks! The trade price is green, at a value equal to what it would be at the entry of 85.07 -- however, also note the value with .58 cents -- seems odd to me; and I've never noticed that in a "normal" trade.

3: At 10:28am, you see I've closed the trade at a few ticks of loss -- as indicated by the pink arrow on the chart. And the account balance has been reduced by the value of the ticks where I entered and exited -- as indicated by the chart markers.

So the order SEEMS to go in and out where I place it; but while it's open, the price and indicator are in orbit somewhere!

As I said, I've seen this several times now; and EVERY time is only after triggering the margin call warning. And further, it seems that it's GUARANTEED to happen after that warning pops up.

I'm also not confident that after any such order, the account balance has been updated matching my order as I placed it. In fact, I can't be confident in this situation!

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed report.

I will need to review your log and trace files to determine what has occurred

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following URL in the body of the email:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses