Connecting to IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB

When I goto File/Connect/Interactive Brokers Ninja doesn't connect. It says "Connecting - Interactive Brokers". It won't allow me to disconnect since the choice is grayed out. This just started today.

My TWS version is 927.7. I've shut down TWS and Ninja and had no change.

Thanks

Hello deblanka,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Version 7.0.1000.10 (Live)

Comment

Hello deblanka,

Please upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11 and try to connect.

You can upgrade by following the link below. You will need to enter in your license key to get to the downloads page.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Comment

Upgrading to the new version solved the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I'm with IB and had the same issues connecting and have since upgraded and connecting now works fine..however.

Sometimes now I go to disconnect, and it does disconnect from IB (TWS) but the Control panel is still 'green' and still says I am connected.

I again choose File >> Disconnect, and everything is grayed out so I cannot do anything..yet it still states in lower-left on Control Panel than I am connect to IB??

TWS Build = 933.5 Nov 26, 2012

Comment

Hello Steve R,

You may want to downgrade to TWS 927.7. This is available for download from the link below.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Also, please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
              From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
              Select the "Data" tab
              Press the "Repair DB" button
              Press the "OK" button

Comment

Yeah I can't downgrade because of more important issues.

Why do I have to repair the DB?

Beside, if I could disconnect as per below I would not be writing this..lol . I mean I can 'actually' disconnect, but the control panel still says I'm connect. Any more catches for me?

I assume you mean just ensure I'm disconnected regardless of what the Cont-P says.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
                Hello Steve R,

You may want to downgrade to TWS 927.7. This is available for download from the link below.

Also, please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
                From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                Select the "Data" tab
                Press the "Repair DB" button
                Press the "OK" button
                Last edited by Steve R; 12-17-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Hello Steve R,

The 927.7 build of TWS is the only build which NinjaTrader is designed to work with. What other important issues are you referring to?

Repairing the DB should help to address the connection status issue you'd mentioned, though this too likely relates to the version of TWS used at this time. If you're unable to disconnect in full currently, restart NinjaTrader and run this repair before connecting
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post

Repairing the DB should help to address the connection status issue you'd mentioned, though this too likely relates to the version of TWS used at this time. If you're unable to disconnect in full currently, restart NinjaTrader and run this repair before connecting
                    Good stuff re: reason for DB repair.

I'll live with the rest since I can't go back to 927.7 TWS build and sooner or later NT will be compatible with the current version of TWS, I'm assuming ;-)

And while we're chatting about it I do have another issue which I also live with and that is that when/if IB's TWS shuts down with NT still connected, I cannot get a full proper re-connection with TWS until after I shut NT completely down..then it works as per normal. There's no way to just fire TWS back up and hen have NT re-connect afterwards without it having to first closing NT.

What happens if I don't is, NT will reconnect, load a couple of charts and then hang....when it does this is says "Saving" in the control panel - lower right area, but no matter how long I let it sit there it stays in that state with most of the charts not loaded and "Saving" still in the lower right area of Cont-P.

Basically I know this going into it so if I get a forced shut-down of TWS I will just close NT and then open it again. Every once in a while I try it to see if it would work otherwise, but it hasn't yet.
                    Last edited by Steve R; 12-17-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Connection Loop

Hello,

I have the same kind of problem: I can`t connect NT with TWS. I have installed TWS 927.7, NT7 7.0.1000.11. It doesn't make any difference what I do:

If I start NT, and go to File>connect, TWS opens ok, but NT keeps trying the connection in a loop. If I open TWS first, when I open NT afterwards an try to connect, a message says that there is another session with TWS already open and that I must close that session and open the new one. When done, again the loop. I do not know what to do (all adjustments have been made "to the letter": repair DB, ports, options in TWS API, etc.)

Comment

Hello telson,

Please send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and place 'ATTN:Chris S' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=316432
                        2.) A screenshot of the main TWS window

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Christopher_R  
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses