Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 VERY slow to load ..and others

hi

im relatively new to ninja trader and whilst im beginning to find my way around the system and start to like it there are a few niggling issues that im hoping i can get a little help with,.

i am using an MB Trading demo account for my data.
    upon first installation all was grand, however now for some reason when i go to load NT7 it appears to start to load then dissappears and either takes AGGESSSS to load or does not at all. grateful for any help on this

also

what is the best way to learn the ninja script. im reasonablly ok at vba and understand that ninja script is C# based. do i learn some C# then attempt NS or is there any sort of online ninja script training etc.

grateful for what ever you can assist me with

regards

michael

Hello chaeljc,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

Could it be NinjaTrader opens with multiple workspaces?
    • Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'.
    • The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.
    • Please select a workspace without the checkmark.
    • Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if charts load quicker now that only one workspace loads on startup.

If the issue remains, please tell me how many charts you have opened and if you have any 3rd party indicators applied.

Yes, NinjaScript is bascially C#. VB and C# are similar in nature so its just a matter of time before you are able to pick it up.

To learn NinjaScript please go through these help guide references first to get some basic knowledge.

Please go through this YouTube video which demonstrates how to develop a strategy using the Strategy Wizard

Lastly, view the inbuilt indicator and strategies that comes preloaded with NinjaTrader.
    • In Control Center menu bar, goto Tools>Edit NinjaScript…>Indicator/Strategy
    • In the Indicator/Strategy dialog double click on any indicator/strategy to open the same in the NinjaScript editor and see how the same is coded.

We have just launched our YouTube channel and are working to expand the base, which will also include tutorials on NinjaScript development.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi joydeep

i only have the one workspace named untitled. it loads up with no charthas one 5min forex eurusd chart with a 20 period ema and bar end count donwn indicator

the system starts to log into permissions and says something about loading recent cashe. then nothing. .... or maybe after ages it loads up.

(as i write this..... for the second time small grey boxes with messages..)

connecting to server ...
      loading account list....

loading cashed activity for account xxxxx...

and at last were up and running (avbout 10 mins )

ps many thanks for your speedy reply and links to ninjascript learning. good quality customer service. thankyou

Comment

Hello chaeljc,
        Can you please send the log and trace files to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
        • You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

• You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

hi joy

i have attached the log and trace files as you requested. however for your information please note on the these dates 4,6 13,14 of nov the log files jump in size to a max of 6MB and the trace up to 36MB!! other dates for both files were typically of the size attached. obviously i was unable to attach them for you.

i (to the best of my knowledge) have only one chart open - eurusd forex / 5 min with a simple ema and end of bar timer indicator. and thats it - no other workspaces.

i did at one point download a 3rd party suite of indicators / templates. however i removed these some time ago .... however i only noticed recently that the templates were still there in the template folder, which i manually removed.

as the templates were not attached to my chart i would not have thought they would have made any difference to load time??

regardless i also re-installed NT7.

the last couple of starts of NT7 including today have been fine.

any advice gratefully received.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC...

i come form a metatrader background where you place your order and if you wish stops / takes. when you delete the order the associated stops and takes are removed.

i have notice that a few times in NT7 when i close all orders / positions an order is left open which will not remove - please see attached jpeg. Grateful if you could explain why this is happpening and how i can avoid this as it would be VERY undesireable in a live situation.

many thanks

kind regards

michael
          Last edited by chaeljc; 11-19-2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Hello chaeljc,
            Thanks for the log and trace files.

I can see you are using MB Trading client version 11.9.0.48 to connect with NinjaTrder. The supported MB Trading client with NinjaTrader is version 11.9.0.44. Please uninstall MB Trading client and instaled the supported version. You can download the supported client version from here

For the complete MB Trading connection guide please refer here.

It seems the simulation engine got stuck. Please reset the Sim101 account to resolve the scenario.
            Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
            • Select the "Simulator" tab
            • Press the "Reset" button

In live mode orders are only reported by NinjaTrader as it gets from your broker and NinjaTrader have no control over it.

P.S - Please remove the log and trace files from the attachment. We only advise to send it via email and not attaching it in the forum.

Comment

hey joydeep

many thanks for your support. apologies for attachments - all hopefully removed. off to try your MB Trading re-install advice.

regards

michael

Comment

hi joydeep

i followed your instructions however NT7 is still not booting up. at the moment i cant even get it to start so that i can re-repair the database. grateful for any advice.

lastly how do i send to the log and trace files with out attaching to the forum. many thanks

michael

Comment

Hello Michael,
                  Olease send the log and trace files to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
                  • You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                  • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

• You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                  • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes