Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL Data Gap

Hello

I just switched from the 12-12 to the 01-13 contract in CL futures and there's a big gap in my chart.
    I tried to "reload all historical data" but it's still there. Restarting and creating a new chart also doesn't work.
    I'm on Zen-Fire. Thanks for any pointers on how to resolve the issue.

Regards

Same here except I use CQG. 12-12 and 01-13 contracts both result in 1Min charts which show almost only DoJis. Pretty unusual for CL.

sandman

Comment

Hello laocoon and sandman,

The CL 01-13 expiry is setup by default to rollover on 11/21/2012. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the CL in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit.

Subsequently select the Misc-tab and scroll to the bottom. Select the 'Contract months' row and click the '...' button that appears.

Select the 01-13 expiry month and you will see the rollover date listed. Historical data before this date is loaded from the 12-12 expiry and so on.

This means that if you currently create a CL 01-13 chart, it will receive real-time data from the 01-13 expiry, but historical data is loaded from the 12-12 expiry. Because there is a difference in price between these two expiries you see the large candle. If you let the chart run for a while and reload historical data in the chart, you will see that data changes as well.

You can change the rollover date to an earlier date. Please remove and re-add the CL 01-13 from your instrument list after you made the change. Instructions can be found at the link below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect, thanks a lot Jason!

Have a nice day.

Comment

You are welcome. Have a nice day as well!

Comment

Under the Misc tab:
            Which date does it need to show in the Contract month row?
            Which date does it need to show in the RollOver date row?

if I want the 01-13 contracts to show up properly in the charts.

PS: Sorry if I am a bit slow this morning - I need some more coffee first.

sandman

Comment

Please set the Contract month row to the 01-13 expiry. Subsequently select yesterday as rollover date (November 15th).

No worries, enjoy the coffee!

Comment

Hello,

I made the changes you mentioned below: changed the 01-13 Rollover date to yesterday in the Misc tab, changed the expiry date from the Details section / Instrument Manager Window to 01-13 , removed the instrument from the list, re-added, closed NT and saved All, reopened it. I tried a few times but It seems the changes are not saved ( Rollover and expiry dates go back to the previous settings) and my charts are still messed up. What am I missing?

Thanks!
                Lurefo

Comment

Hello Lurefo,

Did you click Ok in the Instrument Manager once you removed and re-added the CL 01-13 or could it be you clicked Cancel?

Can you please change the rollover date once more and check again.

Comment

Yes, tried again, clicked OK everywhere and still no changes.....

Comment

Can you please try the following. Please rename your database with the following steps:

•Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                      •Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                      •Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
                      •Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

The database contains ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists/Custom Instruments and Historical trade execution data.

Make the change once more and check if the change remains. Subsequently check if the chart loads data as expected.

Comment

Yep the new database thing does the job. I lost my settings but the charts are clean. How can I avoid changing database when I do that again next month?

Comment

You should not have to rename the database each time an instrument is rolled over. For some reason the changed rollover date did not hold as per the old database.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post chbruno
                          by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM