Unable to login(13) - windows update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to login(13) - windows update

I am experiencing a "Login failed: Unable to login(13): permission error".

It appears this is tied to one of the updates in Windows Updates. I have never experienced this error before until yesterday when I ran Windows Update. After experiencing the error, I did a system restore to remove the updates. This did not alleviate the problem, but I left it in this state until the following morning.

In the morning I was able to login normally again, so I closed Ninja and installed the updates again. As soon as the updates were installed I experience the login error again. When the updates are removed I am still unable to login on the same day.

It seems one of the Windows Updates in conjunction with Ninja's servers is the issue. Apparently the next morning the Ninja servers are "reset" if the updates are not installed.

I read on this error on the forum and have ruled out my router, firewall, and system clock. I have also reset my browser.

What can I do to login? The Windows Updates are vital for system security and I don't think it is advisable to operate financial work without them.

Thank you for your assistance
    Last edited by spikebuck77; 11-16-2012, 10:19 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the report.

This is not tied into Windows update and is related to a major ISP which is affecting a handful of users.

Please see the following post for more information:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

We have been working together with Vision and Rithmic on this as we have had several reports of this since yesterday and today.

We got some information from Rithmic that their major backbone provider level 3 did some updates to the network specific to adding in BGP(Broad Gate Protocol). This simply means that after the update this is exposing issues with smaller ISP's(Internet Service Provider) that connect through the Level 3 backbone to rithmic's services. This would cause random issues with data transfer until the issue is finally resolved. We received reports that most users today are able to get connected.

Unfortunately this means we must wait for the ISP's and the major backbone to resolve the data flow issues, as this would effect all data flow not just NinjaTrader and Vision typically these issues are resolved quickly.

As this relates specific to your report I believe this is just a random issue and that it may have loosely correlated with your windows update schedule.

Comment

Hello,

We have received word from Vision that Level 3 connection issues have been resolved.

You should now be able to connect to your account. If you continue to receive errors, please try restarting your PC and trying the connection again. If errors persist, please let us know and we can look into this further.

Comment

4 Days without trading

Problem still persist! Not able to login with Zen Fire connection either. However, there is something that we have in common which is a windows update. Not able to use the platform in the last 4 days!! Please Help!!
          Last edited by TheClocker; 11-18-2012, 04:56 AM. Reason: word correction

Comment

TheClocker,

Which ISP do you use?

Could you please restart your PC, modem and router then try the connection again after restarting these components?
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

....Question ....

Should Ninja be closed when doing a windows update ?? are there any reccomendations in this area...??

Thanks....

Comment

We do not have any specific recommendations specific to NinjaTrader.

During the Windows update process, you'll be prompted to reboot which would then change any files used by the NinjaTrader process and this would effectively require NinjaTrader to be shut down.

With that said you do not need to shut down NinjaTrader when downloading or starting the installation of udpates.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                12 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes