Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving all DOM accounts, strategies, and instuments

Hi folks:

Seems simple enough...but, I am having a hard time finding how to SAVE all DOMS I have open to where when I restart NT the selected Account, and ATM Strategy comes up again (the same I had it on before closing NT). I always save my workspace regularly. I have start in global sim off. I have tried set default for each DOM etc etc etc...

Every time I restart, all the DOMS Accounts and Strategies are not selected (it actually sets to one of my live accounts every time I restart. This is pretty annoying as I have to go to each DOM and reset all the Accounts and Strategies manually...

Can you please let me know what to do to have them all save and restart just as I closed them?

Thanks a bunch...

Greg

By the way...I use several NT created sub-accounts as well for some of the DOM, but also outside accounts in case you are wondering (both live and demo outside accounts)...

Comment

Do you have your account connection to connect automatically on startup, or do you manually connect?
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hey Matt...

Right now, I have it auto connect to Zen Fire 1st and also CQG 2nd...does it matter?

Greg

Comment

The auto connect will prevent it from saving your desired account.

You will need to turn this off and manually connect to your accounts.

Comment

Matt:

Does the act of saving the workspace actually save all the DOM (acct, strategies etc)...File>Workspace>Save Workspace?

Ok, so, if I go to both of my Account Connections right now and uncheck "Connect on startup", then save my workspace I will be good to go when I restart Ninjatrader and the DOMs will come up as I left them as far as the Accounts, ATM Strategies etc etc?

Comment

Yes, in my experience it should save the account and ATM you had selected.

Comment

Oh...one last question then...sounds good...If I do that and then restart and everything looks good but then put go back to connect on startup will it keep the previous setting but just not new changes?...just curious on that too...thanks Matt...Greg

Comment

Re-enabling the auto start will revert it back to the old behavior. This option must be disabled for the account of your choice to come up on startup.

Comment

Matt...this does not work...pretty frustrating...I have a lot of DOMS and I have to manually set them everytime I restart. I followed the instructions and have no connections auto start...still does the same thing.

Comment

Exactly what is resetting? Is it the account or the ATM Strategy? Or both?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                        Exactly what is resetting? Is it the account or the ATM Strategy? Or both?
                        Hey there Matt...it is the Account & ATM Strategy (so both). It starts and has the correct instrument only but the Account and ATM Strategy is wrong (account actually resets to one of my live accounts which is not what I want at the moment).

Thanks Matthew...Greg

Comment

So is it a Simulation account you want selected? Do you have more than one simulation account, or just the Sim101 account?

Comment

Yes...multiple Sim accounts...

Comment

On Chart Trader

1...this is the Chart Trader question...On the chart trader, it does SAVE the ATM Strategy when I restart...so, that is ok as far as the chart trader goes...however, on the chart trader, how do I make it SAVE the Account as well?

2...this is the DOM...By the way, the DOM does not save either the Account OR the ATM Strategy. I have already tried multiple times making sure the connections do not automatically start when starting NT. I have also tried it with it connections starting automatically...it does the same thing....

Please let me know how I can (most importantly) SAVE the Account to each Chart Trader?

Also, what about the DOM? Both are reset each time on the DOM.

Greg

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes