Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume, Tick, Range bars don't show up in Market replay

Hi,

I have been trying to add volume and range bars to a time based chart in market replay, and I just can't get them working. My chart only displays the time based bars.
    I have tried to display them in 1 and in several panels, even only switching to a volume/range/ticks chart, but I only get a blank chart. Reloading historical data doesn't work either. I have L1 data downloaded.

Gellert,

Can you possibly show a screen shot here?

The complete guide to capturing screenshots on Windows Need to take a screenshot on your Windows PC? Whether you want to capture your full screen or just one window or area, there are several quick and easy ways to take screenshots in...
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ninja.png
Views:	1
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	866412

Click image for larger version

Name:	ninja2.png
Views:	1
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	866413

On starting Ninja and connecting, a single tick bar (no historical bars) showed up this time. Now it looks like on the second picture. Still no historical data, even after triying to reload.

Comment

Gellert.

I am not sure what you are referring to here. Both of these screenshots appear to have historical data showing. I can see that the one in the upper left has a scaling issue however.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,

There is indeed historical data in all my time based charts, but when I switch to volume/tick/range bars, my historical data disappears. I have only included those time based charts to show that I have data available.
          What happens, is when I switch to volume/tick/range bars, nothing shows up on my chart (pic. 1) As soon as I start replaying, Ninja plots new candles, but there is still no historical data in my volume/tick/range charts, even after reloading hist. data.

Comment

Hello Gellert,

I'd like to test with a copy of your replay data here.
            Which date is being replayed?
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

the date is 2011.07.25. But the problem appears regardless of date or instrument. I have attached another image, where I have switched bar types on my two upper charts.
              Upper left: previously volume bars and only data for the actual day, now hourly bars and historical data has loaded.
              Upper right: previously time bars and historical data, now volume bars and no historical data.

It must be something else.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Kyle,

did you find any solution?

Comment

Hello Gellert,

Thanks for your reply.

So I may assist you further please answer the following.

When you go to Help> About under Type does it say Regular or SimulationOnly?
                  Are you able to display historical volume and range bars if you download and replay data for the 6B 12-12 from 11/29/2012?

You can download replay data from our servers by going to File> Utilities> Download Replay Data

I look forward to assisting you further.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kyle,

I have tried 6B 2012.11.29., and it works fine regardless of what kind of candles I am using. It was a good idea, thank you.

What could I do, to get my 2011 data working properly? In Help-About, it says Simulation Only.

Comment

Hello Gellert,

Thanks for your reply.

When connected to the Market Replay with a simulation edition license key the historical data on the chart will be pulled your PC's historical data.
                      It seems that you do not have historical tick data for the 6B that far back.
                      Each time you change the time the historical data will get pulled from your PC and will be blank that far back.
                      You would need to fast forward to the time that you want so the Market Replay creates the bars and has them available.

If there is anything further I may assist you with don't hesitate to ask.
                      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes