Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to load!?

FRUSTRATING!!

Getting the correct number of days to load, should be an easy enough tast fot NT to accomplish??!!

When I ask for a specific number of days to load, NT should load them!!!
    Instead, I'm left to play around with a number way out of range, until I stumble on to what I want.

In the case below I had to ask for 30days to get 15!!
    Attached Files

Karado,

30 days means "calendar days". This includes weekends and other non-trading days.

For example if it is 12/1/2012 and you request 30 days of data, it will request from 11/1/2012 to 12/1/2012, even if there were days inbetween that did not have any trading going on.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      Karado,

30 days means "calendar days". This includes weekends and other non-trading days.

For example if it is 12/1/2012 and you request 30 days of data, it will request from 11/1/2012 to 12/1/2012, even if there were days in between that did not have any trading going on.
      Why doesn't NT take into account holidays and weekends??!! If you noticed I had US EQUITIES RTH checked!!

Equities do not trade on weekends!!
      RTH does not include weekends!!

So WHY have US EQUITIES RTH option to begin with!?
      Last edited by Karado58; 11-19-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Karado,

Session templates are to limit what data is displayed on your chart. For example some people use RTH hours, some use ETH hours. Days to load is instructing the chart to get data from a set time period. They aren't really integrated here.

"Days to load" is in "calendar days" and tells the chart how many days into the past to TRY to load.

Session templates filter this data so only what you want to see on your chart is displayed.

I can certainly submit a feature request to our development team for any enhancements you think would be beneficial.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
          Karado,

Session templates are to limit what data is displayed on your chart. For example some people use RTH hours, some use ETH hours. Days to load is instructing the chart to get data from a set time period. They aren't really integrated here.

"Days to load" is in "calendar days" and tells the chart how many days into the past to TRY to load.

Session templates filter this data so only what you want to see on your chart is displayed.

I can certainly submit a feature request to our development team for any enhancements you think would be beneficial.
          YES please submit it!

A charting package should be simpler to use! Trading is stressful enough then to have to play around with a non intuitive chart settings.

You should be able to clinic on a drop-down and get your exact Intraday and Daily time-frames just like all other charting packages/brokers.

As it stands now, NT is too archaic and modular, and not very user friendly.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Joseph

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses