Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy parameters on-off

Hello,

in my scripts I use different variables eg to select 3 dataseries or 3 different settings for an indicator. I have added them also in the properties so that I can change in the backtest-menu the values of the parameters for my strategies.

In the variable region I have set all to 0, but in the paramters appear 1. When there is set 1 by NT per default then within the strategy there is a calculation with this eg with BarsArrray [1] or even with [0])

What do I have to change or add for working in the backtesting only with the variables I set a value in the parameters?

Thank you
    Tony

tonynt,

Likely you need to check your properties section of your code.

Code:
    [Description("RSI's smooth factor")]
            [GridCategory("Parameters")]
            public int Smooth
            {
                get { return smooth; }
                set { smooth = [B]Math.Max(1, value);[/B] }
            }
    The item in bold is automatically assigning this "smooth" variable to 1 if it is less than 1.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I have. But what do you mean referring to my question. What would be to change for having only working the parameters where I set a value? And even when 0 this would be BarsArray[0], but the variables should not work if not I fill a value, or can this be somehow enabled and disabled?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      tonynt,

Likely you need to check your properties section of your code.

Code:
      [Description("RSI's smooth factor")]
              [GridCategory("Parameters")]
              public int Smooth
              {
                  get { return smooth; }
                  set { smooth = [B]Math.Max(1, value);[/B] }
              }
      The item in bold is automatically assigning this "smooth" variable to 1 if it is less than 1.

Comment

Hello Tony,
        To assist you further may I know are you trying to reference the BarsArray dynamically.

If so then you can do so using a parameter. Say you have a variable named say "barIndex" then you can refer it to the BarsArray as

Code:
        BarsArray[barIndex]

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I do so for more easy and fast backtesting with changing values in the backtesting menu instead of always changing the code and compiling with every change of value.

But the problem is that every value in the parameter menu has an impact for barsarray, because even when I set 0 then the basic-timeframe will be touched with [0], no?

Therefore I think it must be possible to disable somehow(?) And only when I enable the certain parameters with a value then the referring conditions in the script should work. I can do and change everything fine, but I need one which set to "false" especially for barsarray.

I hope I could explain what I mean.

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
          Hello Tony,
          To assist you further may I know are you trying to reference the BarsArray dynamically.

If so then you can do so using a parameter. Say you have a variable named say "barIndex" then you can refer it to the BarsArray as

Code:
          BarsArray[barIndex]
          Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

Comment

Hello Tony,
            If you set the variable/parameter to 0 (zero) then the BarsArray will be referenced to the Primary bar. If you set it to 1 then the BarsArray will be referenced to the secondary bar and so on.

To assist you further can you please send a toy NinjaScript code* replicating the behavior to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

*The "toy" just means something that is a stripped down version that isn't necessarily the whole logic. It makes things easier to rout out.
            JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes