Initialized State of Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initialized State of Order

I'm trading using the static super DOM. When I exit NinjaTrader, it pops out a message saying that I have 20 active orders still in place and I find that all these orders have the state "Initialized". These orders cannot be cancelled and everytime I exit NinjaTrader, it says I still have active order. How can this be solved?

Thanks.
    Tiffany

Hello tiffanychan887,

If you the order were placed in the Sim101 account, resetting a simulation account will clear all trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.

* From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools -> Options
    * Select the "Simulator" tab
    * Press the "Reset" button

If these orders were placed on a Live Account you may contract your broker to confirm/manage any positions and let me know.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a simulation account. Under what condition will an order has the state "Initialized"? For some unknown reason, the connection with Ninja Trader using COG datafeed disconnects by itself now and then. This has not happened before and I start having this issue after I have changed to a new Simulation account last week when the previous one expired. This should not be a network problem because I am using IQFeed on another platform without problem. Is the disconnect problem related to this "Initialized" issue?

Thanks.
      Tiffany

Comment

Hello Tiffany,

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

* ISP issues
        * Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
        *Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
        * Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

With that said, if you their is no Last incoming data, the order state may be stuck in the Initialized stated. You may see more information about Order States at the following link.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...efinitions.htm

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        1 response
        0 likes