Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol import question / List of exchanges "traded on"

Hi,

I am importing a list of stocks traded on different exchanges. Here are my questions:

1) is there somewhere a document which associates the exchange abbreviations with an exchange? For example, does BSE relate to Brussels Stock Exchange or to what?
    2) is there a way to import symbols with the associated eSignal code? for example the symbol code for Adidas on Xetra would be ADS-XET. As I am looking to import 600 stocks, does this really mean I have to import all stocks per exchange, then open each of them in the instrument manager and amend the eSignal symbol?
    3) I think I have seen this request many times. The symbol import option is really bad for NT. When will this be improved so that we can import .csv or text files with all inputs such as Currency, List, symbol mapping, session times, etc.

Thank you
    wtmnn

Hello,

1) We do not currently have a list of a descriptions of the exchanges, however I will forward this to our product development team to compile a list to better explain these options.

2) The Hyphen would not be a valid character for the master symbol name, so you would not be able to use the eSignal format to import. You would need to manually manage the symbol map for eSignal after the master symbol has been imported

3) We do not have an ETA on when this will be improved, however it is on our development team's list of future enhancements. I will forward this to development as a vote to add this feature in.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by James650, Today, 08:25 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
    Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
    14 responses
    0 likes