Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT cannot validate license (on second computer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT cannot validate license (on second computer)

I've got a valid NT license and am trying to add NT to a second computer, a notebook. I get a message saying it cannot verify the license and is switching to sim mode.

NT support told me this is due to one of three things: 1. Invalid license (they confirmed my license number), 2. Mis-typing of the license number (I've copied/pasted from NT itself through an email) or 3. A firewall blocking NT services.

I only use Windows Firewall, and have added the two port and IP exceptions described in this thread. In Win Firewall, I have intrusion alert enabled but do not get an alert message when trying to verify the license.

I have a router, but tried disconnecting and plugging directly into the modem and get the same message. So I'm sure it's not a router firewall.

I'm stumped and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

John

Hello,

From your Windows Firewall, is it setup as a Home or work (private) network, or is it on a Public network?

Do you have another computer you can test on this network? If you have not, I'd try installing NinjaTrader on another computer plugged directly into the modem and see if you get the same error.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, Matthew. My network is public. I've also tried disabling Window Firewall, but get the same result.

I ran Hijackthis but cannot find another firewall running. Windows Firewall should indicate if multiple firewalls are running. Although when is disable Windows Firewall and do an online port scan, it says all my ports are stealthed.

I tried connecting directly to the modem and get the same error. Are you saying I should do that during the install?

John
      Last edited by JohnW; 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

No, you shouldn't need to do it on an install. As soon as whatever is blocking you from reaching this servers is eliminated, the error should go away without reinstalling.

I was asking if you've tried installing this on another computer on the same network. If you're sure there are no other firewalls on your computer, it must be in the Windows Firewall settings or something on the ISP end. Can you try changing from a public network to a private network and testing again?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I trade every day with NT on a desktop computer on this network through the same ISP.

Sure, I'll try changing to a private network and will let you know.

John

Comment

I changed the network to private and it works now!. Not sure why that would matter, but both computers work fine, so that's great. Thanks again for all your help.

John

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Mongo
            by Mongo

Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
            7 responses