Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Live!

Hello,

I have decided to give it a shot and go live with my strategy.

But first I have a few questions!

1) Can I use Kinetick daily free to trade live (assuming I have the NT license and my strategy doesn't use intraday data...)

2) If I set NT to "wait until flat" and the strategy "not to sync my portfolio", I assume live orders for a specific instrument will be placed only when the "virtual" orders close(hitting my strategy risk management setting). Correct?

3) Is there any way I can see how many trades are open at the same time in the strategy analyzer? I would like to know my capital exposure at any given time.

4) I have IB. Should I first connect to Kinetick for the data and then IB to place live orders?

Thanks!

You might be able to answer some of your questions running your strategy live, but in SIM mode to see what it does. You will probably find issues that need to be dealt with too.

Hopefully, you have already spent some time in Market Replay.

Originally posted by TexFly View Post
    Hello,

I have decided to give it a shot and go live with my strategy.

But first I have a few questions!

1) Can I use Kinetick daily free to trade live (assuming I have the NT license and my strategy doesn't use intraday data...)

2) If I set NT to "wait until flat" and the strategy "not to sync my portfolio", I assume live orders for a specific instrument will be placed only when the "virtual" orders close(hitting my strategy risk management setting). Correct?

3) Is there any way I can see how many trades are open at the same time in the strategy analyzer? I would like to know my capital exposure at any given time.

4) I have IB. Should I first connect to Kinetick for the data and then IB to place live orders?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Sledge. I have done a lot of testing but, as you know, some things can only be verified and tested with real money. Hopefully someone from NT Support will give me the info I need!

Comment

Anyone from Support willing to answer my few questions? I want to go live...means I will buy a license!

Thanks.

Comment

Hello TexFly,

1. Unfortunately this is not possible. The free Kinetick EOD connection only supports historical daily data. Real-time data is required in order to submit orders in NinjaTrader. You can perform backtests in the Strategy Analyzer on daily data.

2. Yes, if your strategy is in a strategy position, the strategy will wait with submitting live orders until the virtual strategy position is closed.

3. This is not supported by default. You could use the Trades-tab and its Entry time & Exit time columns to view this manually.

4. When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive data from the first connected connection on most occassions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will load data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason.

The reason why I ask is because IB has a limit (unless I buy more data). I also have TD which works, however I keep getting the "Error loading data...response too short..". Since I have 500 strategies I have to click the "OK" 500 times. Is there anyway I can suppress that error?

Comment

We have escalated this error to TD Ameritrade which would need to correct the issue server side. Unfortunately we can only wait for them to correct the server with issue. I do expect that you do not run into the same issue tomorrow since you will connect to another server.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TexFly View Post
                Thanks Jason.

The reason why I ask is because IB has a limit (unless I buy more data). I also have TD which works, however I keep getting the "Error loading data...response too short..". Since I have 500 strategies I have to click the "OK" 500 times. Is there anyway I can suppress that error?
                Hey TexFly - I'm guessing you are no longer around?...but just in case...

You could use Kort's Fish Egg dropper.... if you can find it.. (was great for FishWorld on Facebook)... That would alleviate click issues.

I did find in TDA, Account Connections - turning off "historical Data -> DISABLED" - fixed all those backfill errors, If you do need backfill - you better have market replay recording turned on.

Comment

Where is "TDA, Account Connections"

Where is the setting for "TDA, Account Connections" that is referenced below? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  Hey TexFly - I'm guessing you are no longer around?...but just in case...

You could use Kort's Fish Egg dropper.... if you can find it.. (was great for FishWorld on Facebook)... That would alleviate click issues.

I did find in TDA, Account Connections - turning off "historical Data -> DISABLED" - fixed all those backfill errors, If you do need backfill - you better have market replay recording turned on.

Comment

Found it. Thanks for pointing out that it existed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred